• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Mad bull steering issue

Bill1976

Hi chaps, got an issue with my sons mad bull, steerings not working, it's trying to, as you can here it, but doesn't seem to have the power to turn the wheels, thanks in advance.

Could it be the servo? Not clued up with rc cars at all.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Sorry I don’t know how to see if the servo works ok? Do I need to remove the white bit that’s still on top of it? If so I just did this and it’s  no different.

when I put the servo saver back on i can turn the wheels manually and it grabs onto the servo  ok, (and turns it, ( as in it’s not threaded if this makes any difference ) 

Edited by Bill1976

Right I put a new servo in, it's exactly the same, I replaced it with a new power xl 36, reason being ( they have decided they want to sell the mad bull's and upgrade to an arrma granite ) so figured I just replace with original parts, I'd like to get it right before selling, any idea on where to look next? Thanks

Hi,  the servo saver is  the original one,  fits on perfect and ( used to work ok )  both the old and new servo do not turn even without the servo saver on, just make a very slight noise, but nothing turns,  throttle works as it should.

on Some radios you can turn the amount of steering you have up or down.. Have you checked this ? . 

• Like 1

The receiver is bad because you tried the steering servo in the steering channel 1  and it didn't work  but the ESC does ? and throttle channel 2 for the ESC. worked and servos  do. The ESC should only work in the throttle channel. It may be better to get a new transmitter and receiver as a option instead of just getting a receiver. I don't know what brand you have and how old it is?
Right! Looks like I've been a dumb ass I'm afraid! Had a mess around with the trims on the controller, ( I had checked the steering trim before and it made no difference) didn't know there was one to adjust how much it steers, had a mess around with that, and it turns more than it ever has, my lad has obviously been messing about with it [emoji1787].

1111 - thank you so much for taking the time to help me out with my ( cough) problem [emoji849] I've learn't a bit from this if nothing else! [emoji106]
on Some radios you can turn the amount of steering you have up or down.. Have you checked this ? . 

This seems to have been the problem, thanks for the suggestion jea, got there in the end [emoji106]

I think the  steering dial on the controller, was ever so slightly on,  hence the very slight noise it was making, and when I swapped the channels over, the wheels started spinning slightly, I forgotten now tbh, but I can swap them over and turn the steering dial back down and see what happens.