• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New Savage, new to nitro

everclear1984

Hi all, long time no post! 

I've picked myself up a used Savage from my lhs and ran into a bit of an issue. The rear wheels seem to be getting little to no power. I immediately noticed the set screws were missing from the centre and rear drive cups, I replaced those and assumed I'd fixed the issue, but it persists.

I don't want to keep pestering my lhs with little issues, I've always preferred to work on my own cars, so if anyone can offer up some advice I'd be very grateful. 

Cheers all. 

Check the grub pins in the front and rear drive cups and shafts. You could also check the rear bevel gear for damage . Its quite a common problem with the savage might be worth looking in to the sinthered bullet proof gear set.

Edited by KYOSHOKEV

2 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

It'll be a few days before I can pick up some replacement bearings. Is there any reason I couldn't switch the front diff to the rear and run it as rwd to finish breaking in the new engine? 

i dont see why not if you are just breaking in the engine.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jumper said:

i dont see why not if you are just breaking in the engine.

Thanks, I tried it and rwd is FUN! I'll post some pics up once I get a shell painted up. I'm still not sure which version I have or what upgrades see fitted, if any. 

• Like 1