• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Sakura D4 Build Log

CattoCattoExo

So, as promised, heres my mostly logged build of a sakura d4 awd... i got a bit frustrated midway through and stopped taking pictures, but i got a fair amount of images. this was my first ground up chassis build, i think i did fairly well for my first time.

Well, i guess the first port of call is the box...IMG_1843.thumb.JPG.91ca8e702301ec20024cd2a5181a9b2f.JPG

This ones gonna be a complicated bugger isn't it ...IMG_1844.JPG.8db493a04f49db641b988ba30b614a87.JPG

didn't help that the first page was double printed... i know i'd had a couple of cans of magners, but bloody hell that page was blurry 

IMG_1845.thumb.JPG.3126374945a9d82670598cbe060c55bb.JPG

got the front and rear arms attached !!IMG_1846.thumb.JPG.65a77abe78468237d723851761e23ab2.JPG

it was at this point i got frustrated and skipped a few images, but for the most part, it was the drive train building and install. in that image you can see a ''small'' amount of toe out lolIMG_1849.thumb.JPG.a87d191833753e1e14eb9a1a5ebb088f.JPG 

needs some tweaking i suppose...

IMG_1848.thumb.JPG.560bd1f61fd51b9132e02f1843822b78.JPG

here i installed the battery brackets, servo, and rear suspension....

to be continued...

• Like 3

seeing as i cant upload any more images, the final 3 will be links.

aEcXEJI.jpg

here's a shot from the other side, there's a limited amount of space to work with on this chassis, but the cables are tucked away neatly 

OeL6nAA.jpg

i didnt know the kit didnt include a pinion gear, so i had to buy one... lovely mesh from the hpi 22t 48dp pinion gear 👌

and here she is, with the killerbody r34 gtr v-spec 2 shell, looking sexy 

CEPuNNl.jpg

• Like 2

this concludes my build log. 

this was my first venture into building a chassis, and it was frustrating, but i got there in the end and it works as it should, so im very happy about that.

the specs are as follows:

Absima Thrust B-Spec 21t Brushed Motor

Savox SC-1251MG Servo

Hobbywing Quicrun 1060 ESC

Turnigy NanoTech LiPo battery

Sanwa RX-391W Receiver

3racing Sakura D4 Black Edition Chassis

i will eventually upgrade to brushless, but for the time being, brushed is good enough... hope you enjoyed the read... leave your feedback below 😛 SKRRT SKRRT 

*forgot to tag @m4inbrain ;) 

Edited by CattoCattoExo
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, CattoCattoExo said:

this concludes my build log. 

this was my first venture into building a chassis, and it was frustrating, but i got there in the end and it works as it should, so im very happy about that.

the specs are as follows:

Absima Thrust B-Spec 21t Brushed Motor

Savox SC-1251MG Servo

Hobbywing Quicrun 1060 ESC

Turnigy NanoTech LiPo battery

Sanwa RX-391W Receiver

3racing Sakura D4 Black Edition Chassis

i will eventually upgrade to brushless, but for the time being, brushed is good enough... hope you enjoyed the read... leave your feedback below 😛 SKRRT SKRRT 

Hell of an upgrade from the E10 though 👍

• Haha 1

Looks good mate, good work. Hope you enjoy it, just don't get frustrated the first few tries spinning out because it drifts differently/CS. 

And as fnknan rightfully mentioned, hell of an upgrade from that E10. Even without shell it looks cooler, with all dem belts and stuff. :D

Wheels are prettier than the E10 setup too. 

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CattoCattoExo said:

i agree that it does look a ton better with the wheels, as a posed to the ****ty e10... but the e10 was never meant to look amazing, i got bit by the bug as soon as i got the e10, i was just looking for the right opportunity and a little more info on chassis styles before buying another XD 

Yeah and the d4 is probably the best bang for your buck imo

• 3 weeks later...

the d4 is a great starter chassis and has you have found there is oodles of upgrades out there..... although not all needed to get it to perform better. I still drift my trusty d4 although its had a plethera of hop up added. if bling is your thing then lots of shiny things too.

also if you get bored of cs drifting then you can always mod to rwd and add a gyro and get go that route.

but most of all enjoy it.

• 1 month later...
On 13/11/2019 at 09:57, heavyleftthumb said:

the d4 is a great starter chassis and has you have found there is oodles of upgrades out there..... although not all needed to get it to perform better. I still drift my trusty d4 although its had a plethera of hop up added. if bling is your thing then lots of shiny things too.

also if you get bored of cs drifting then you can always mod to rwd and add a gyro and get go that route.

but most of all enjoy it.

already not interested in it anymore. i lost interest in it a week after id finished building it cos of its little quirks as a kit... got an rmx 2.0s instead, using a toro ts120a, speed passion v3 10.5t, onisiki gyro, kingmax servo, and the sanwa radio gear id initially bought...

the d4 is now sat in rwd with an mst motor/esc combo (not from the rmx, they were bought separately) and the savox servo on it... couldn't sell it  as a roller for the life of me cos nobody wanted it, so its getting an onisiki gyro, another receiver, and i need some ball studs to finish the steering linkage...  when i find the spare cash, its getting the gyro, ball studs and receiver, besides that its getting no love from me.  

oh, and the e10 is gone XD **** that thing... it robbed me so hard... i hate the guy who sold me it knowing full well it wasnt upgraded in the slightest while i was a gullible noob who knew nothing

Edited by CattoCattoExo