• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Leeds bash anyone interested

fraggs

hi guys (and gals ) anyone interested in a bash somewhere around the leeds area?

no idea where or when yet just seeing what interest is like.

lets us know if you are interested and even ideas of when and where.

not been bashing for ages now so hopefully a few of you out there are interested in sorting one out

Could be tempted to try if it doesn't involve any walking from the car and I have the energy to get some cars ready.

I have got a few places in this thread around north west Leeds. I would have gone out today, but it was raining. I mostly go out on friday evening and sundays. There are normally a couple of people at Nunroyd park on a weekday evening.  

• Like 1

It would be great to get out again. Not bashed for a couple of years. Temple Newsam was always a good spot.

35 minutes ago, mfp said:

It would be great to get out again. Not bashed for a couple of years. Temple Newsam was always a good spot.

Few familiar names coming out of the woodwork!

I haven't been out for quite a while either. Mobility and stamina getting worse.

Temple Newsam was always good for me, as you could just reverse up to the grass area. Great if others will be there, but 60 mile "round trip" a bit much on the "off chance" someone will be there, so haven't been since the last meet-up there.

Think we also met up at back of Cinema at J27 (tarmac) and back of swimming pool at Cleckheaton (grass and skateboard park)

We used to go to Temple Newsham , Fearnville sports centre (bmx track) at Seacroft, Nunroyd park, Horbury (near the lakes and bmx track), Peel park (bmx track) at Bradford and 'Three fields' at Farnley, as well as a few other places that we were moved on from due to nitro and 1/5th scale petrol engine noise.

Temple Newsham is great if you want to bash out of the car boot as it were, no walking at all  which is good for me too being on crutches .

1 hour ago, PH001 said:

Where did you go at Temple Newsam @fraggs? The normal entrance near the house seems a bit flat and boring for bashing.

The grass area and car park at the side of the running track.

5 hours ago, PH001 said:

Where did you go at Temple Newsam @fraggs? The normal entrance near the house seems a bit flat and boring for bashing.

As Shudson said we went past the running track to the large grass area, plenty of open space with a few lumps and bumps also some tracks and jumps ect in the woods to the side, the car park is dusty gravel and great for power slides ect but not when its full of cars obviously .

Dont know if anyone can do a google maps thing of the area?

Is anybody interested in meeting at Temple Newsam on Saturday or Sunday morning 8th/9th June?

On 31/05/2019 at 21:31, mfp said:

Is anybody interested in meeting at Temple Newsam on Saturday or Sunday morning 8th/9th June?

Depends on outcome of hospital appointment tomorrow Mick, could be out of action for the weekend :( its forcast for rain this weekend too, not that a bit of rain will stop play :rain:

On 31/05/2019 at 21:31, mfp said:

Normally, I would be up for it, but unfortunately, doesn't look as though I can manage this week-end.