• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

8ight-E 1.0 can it use the plastics from the current 4.0 or X?

kwik_uk

I’ve got a ton of Losi 8ight 1.0, 2.0 2EU, 8ight-T, 8ight-T 2.0 from years back when I competitively raced. I use them for bashing now (apart from two mine 2EUs).

I’ve got an 8ight 1.0 with the genuine Losi electric conversion kit on it. I love it and frequently swap the kit inbetween an 8ight-1.0 and 8ight-T (v1)

I cant seem to buy replacement plastics anywhere :-( just need the radio box and battery tray. This is just what I’ve been looking for since sadly tombstoning my 6S 8ight-E into a concrete pillar at about 60mph.

I had replacements for everything except these plastics as they’re no longer in production ad not for sale anywhere other than the whole kit for £75. 

My question, does anyone know if the plastic radio box and battery tray from an 8ight-E 4.0 or 8ight-X will fit?

i tried calling Losi and the guy that spoke to me was thick as two short planks. 

Mark

F8B21CCC-1F8E-4978-8F5E-32B83D48C7B5.jpeg

A91F0A5D-AE88-420C-B082-24CE02510854.jpeg

95AAD99C-A9ED-4C0C-B2BC-AEB6733E090B.jpeg

The 8X is entirely new and metric, so no, but some of the plastics from the 2, 3 and 4 are, with each successive version having fewer compatible parts. 

The battery tray you need only comes with the conversion kit but you could probably convert a Hyper 7 or similar tray to fit but it would need some chopping up. The dedication E versions of the 3.0 and 4.0 have a different chassis to the nitro ones so they trays won't work. I think the radio box layout and screw holes are standard and the 2.0 box should work. The 3.0 would probably as well.