• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper st pro engine suggestions

debo

Hi all I’m in need of a engine for my st pro Truggy I’ve worked it down to 5 so far 3 of which are .21 but not sure if they will have enough umph here we go

novarossi rolling 

x-act .21 pro 8 Italia

novarossi ROMA .25 Truggy 

novarossi plus 28-7

novarossi bonito 21-7 club

its mainly for bashing off-road with the odd drag against a mates st which has a macstar .28

any help would be much appreciated thanks 

Not that i'm biased as I have a nice one in the FS section but don't discount the .25.  They're ideal in a truggy - where you don't need the torque of a .28 to turn 3.8 wheels in an MT but need rev's.  The 6 port SH one I've for sale produces 3.5hp (allegedly) and 33k rpm.  .21's, even good ones are not suited to a truggy for bashing in my opinion - and whilst they generally rev higher that's a no load speed - I've seen .21's struggle in 1/8 buggy's.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, debo said:

Hi Capri-boy how would the sh .25 that you have stack up against the Hobao macstar .28 this is the only reference I have to go by because I’ve only had one of these and a .15 thunder tiger 

The only info I can find is quoted by Ofna - similar revs (bit lower)  surprisingly - but only 2.8HP output.  It does have a pull start, whereas my SH. 25 needs a starter box or wand.  Fuel consumption should be better in the .25 too.

edit - someone else misquoted OFNA - i've corrected it now

• Like 1