• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Steering play on a 2wd slash?

Outlaw

Good morning all,

Ive just noticed that my Slash has a couple of millimetres play in the steering, just on the toe, not the camber of the wheel.

Is this normal for an unmodded slash or has it occurred in the 5 times that Ive used it? I must admit Ive been quite rough with it.

Is it just a case of parts fitted to meet a price point and I should expect to upgrade the servo or the steering linkage as a matter of course? 

There is usually a bit of play even in rtr models yes. If it really becomes a problem where it affects steering trim etc then there are upgrades as well. With a 2wd slash, adding 4x 5x8x2.5 bearings to replace the stock pastic bushings will increase response and reduce slop in a bit too :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Dave, it's not affecting the steering, it's something that I just noticed while cleaning it. Always a good way to get to know a vehicle, cleaning it intricately. 

As long as it's normal out of the box that's fine, I may mod the slash in the future as it's my secondary vehicle, my crawler (when I get it) will be my primary vehicle and that's where I want to put my money into mods and upgrades. 

The slash is for the hooligan in me. :) 

• Like 1