• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My New (to me) Scania R620

Mo.

3 hours ago, tomzac66 said:

Mo, you had me laughing emoji23.png there, the power plant is just the chrome unit sat on top of the chassis, it’s a lesu and costs about £300.00.

ebdc9df868f5dde75d810a2c45185419.png

I thought about a a twin steer I had a word with a guy at our truck club he had some plans, but after 1/2 hour I had a headache emoji856.png you often find 1/2 built projects on eBay and there’s a reason there 1/2 built.

I’ve only seen a few fully completed trucks and there a few years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL always nice to make someone laugh ? 

Hang on, so are you saying you are making one of these 4 steer trucks or.... I've never come across 1/2 built projects on ebay...well I've only been looking for the last few weeks so yeah. 

But that power plant looks crazy, so much detail. Pricey though! 

I’m not going the twin steer route I value my sanity [emoji23], I’m sticking to STGO cat 2 ( not exceeding 80,000 kg min 6 axles) I’ve been into trucks for a few years and I’ve seen plenty of twin steer project trucks ( seams like a good idea at the time ) advertised on fleabay.

Just upgrading modding can cost a small fortune, depending on where your based check out the web for clubs or meets near you.

On 14/08/2018 at 20:39, tomzac66 said:

I’m not going the twin steer route I value my sanity emoji23.png, I’m sticking to STGO cat 2 ( not exceeding 80,000 kg min 6 axles) I’ve been into trucks for a few years and I’ve seen plenty of twin steer project trucks ( seams like a good idea at the time ) advertised on fleabay.

Just upgrading modding can cost a small fortune, depending on where your based check out the web for clubs or meets near you.

Woah six axles! That is a lot, should look awesome. Got any pics of what you're hoping to achieve? 

I'm thinking to get another scania but the r470 single axle at the back opposed to the twin one I have now. Get it as a kit and do the mods and upgrades to that one with a nice paint job. I've really been inspired by this one..... 

Really want to get some cnc metal wheels, found them on truescaletrucks but the guy is really slow in replying. Might just order a bunch of things from china/hk.... Only thing is waiting and getting stung by customs... Where did you order your lesu part from? 

Screenshot_20180814-221728.png

I get everything from China I’ve never been stung by customs, everything’s improved over there regarding quality, electronics can be a bit dodgy if it’s a cheap copy, but on the whole very good value for money.

Thanks AJ. Looked on Stella Models, they have the wheels I want so I might just do an order with them. WTBcar is also a good one. Lots of good stuff there too! I hope I don't get any customs charge because I always get screwed ...will have to wait and see I guess ?

Edited by Mo.

No way! 3 days! That's bloody amazing. I'm going to just start with a set of cnc wheels and tyres for the front and see how it goes. I might consider getting a scania 4x2 kit from them as it's quite a bit cheaper.

Everything apart from the kit on my Scania came from asiatees, rcmart or direct from China through eBay. Never a customs charge and normally delivered within 5 days of ordering.

Hey Guys, so has anyone here fitted one of these cranes? I think they are so awesome but so expensive. They look super cool though and oh look they've fitted it to a R620 ;)

But in that photo below I don't like how the crane sticks out the side so much. This is the RC4WD one....does anyone know of any others?

https://store.rc4wd.com/114-Truck-Mounted-Hydraulic-Crane_p_5502.html

VV-JD00019-11.jpg

ey Mo, welcome back buddy :) 

glad you came to your sense on RC :D 

ive been looking at AJs  and spannermonkeys trucks and they do look awesome, yours looks awesome too mate :) 

very detailed arent they?

That fitment looks shocking. No way I would be happy with that. I have seen some trucks with Bruder cranes fitted but I'm sure they are static and need some work to make them fit. Could be wrong though as I've never been hands on with one. I'm sure Rovermans had a crane fitted so maybe he can help.

Edited by spannermonkey

2 hours ago, froggy8 said:

ey Mo, welcome back buddy :) 

glad you came to your sense on RC :D 

ive been looking at AJs  and spannermonkeys trucks and they do look awesome, yours looks awesome too mate :) 

very detailed arent they?

Hey bud! it's good to be back lol. AJ and spanenrmonkey are the pros here. My one is all stock, so lots can be done still and I plan too!

21 minutes ago, spannermonkey said:

That fitment looks shocking. No way I would be happy with that. I have seen some trucks with Bruder cranes fitted but I'm sure they are static and need some work to make them fit. Could be wrong though as I've never been hands on with one. I'm sure Rovermans had a crane fitted so maybe he can help.

Exactly, the way it pokes out the side for a 1k+ option is a bit ridiculous. I have seen the Palfinger ones and my oh my the price on those is shocking. I think you can tell I'm new at all this scale stuff, I'm shocked at everything I look at lol. Slowly learning and coming across more and more manufacturers of cool parts and upgrades. I just recently came across Verkerk who do a very nice upgrade/replacement part for the roof instead of the stock one....which is what that Vogel one has up there in the picture I posted a few days back, didn't know that then.

Edited by Mo.

1 minute ago, Mo. said:

Hey bud! it's good to be back lol. AJ and spanenrmonkey are the pros here. My one is all stock, so lots can be done still and I plan too!

give yourself time and with the help off people like AJ and spannermonkey, you will get there :) 

4 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

give yourself time and with the help off people like AJ and spannermonkey, you will get there :) 

Thanks bud, the savages etc were easy in comparison to these things. 

2 minutes ago, Mo. said:

Thanks bud, the savages etc were easy in comparison to these things. 

i can tell by the build that this is a very complicated bit of kit :D  i wouldn't know where to start :D