• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nice cheap Axial scx10 upgrade.

My boy loves his crawler but we always resented the cost of the upgraded parts.

The long rods underneath were about £60 up our LHS,

I was tinkering in the garage earlier and noticed some spare P2 rocker rods from an old sold traxxas revo sitting in a box, unbelievably they are identical in size to the stock axials. On they went.

Very pleased with the outcome, if this helps any of you it was worth this post, has this already been done?2703cc337bd3f512b3ed272345e25a06.jpg

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

That's a good find mate. My kids has china alloy ones but they are not good. The ends collars fall out collars hold the balls in. I need some for a cc01 orderd some tubing hoping to make some but idk if they'll be identical sized. 

I got a load of 4mm by 8mm alu tube from eBay. £8 for 2meters of the stuff. Cut to Length. Then tap and helicoil it to run m4 rod ends . I have made 3 full sets Now. And still have loads left. Total cost with tube and kit to helicoil was £30. £20 for the kit. Get 20 inserts in kit. And then replacement ones are 20 for about £5. No need to ever buy a link again.  

P_20180315_093604_vHDR_Auto.jpg

I've been doing that for years. Instead of all the farting about I used 3 mm I.D stainless tube and 3 mm stainless rod and just pushed it through .Its a tight fit so no movement and super strong.

J

scxaxial.JPG

axscx.JPG

scx axial.JPG