• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya blitzer build??

Hi, my son and I are into RC cars . We have a midnight pumpkin with a sort tuned motor and a Baja prime buggy. 

As we are also into VWs I am wanting to build a blitzer beetle but want it to be faster than a sport tuned motor. 

What can this kit handle reliably? Super stock? Brushless maybe. 

What set ups would people recommend? Looking to start from scratch in kit form. Not got stupid money. 

My son is also wanting a fast standard or rally beetle kit so the question is for this kit too. 

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, my son and I are into RC cars . We have a midnight pumpkin with a sort tuned motor and a Baja prime buggy. 

As we are also into VWs I am wanting to build a blitzer beetle but want it to be faster than a sport tuned motor. 

What can this kit handle reliably? Super stock? Brushless maybe. 

What set ups would people recommend? Looking to start from scratch in kit form. Not got stupid money. 

My son is also wanting a fast standard or rally beetle kit so the question is for this kit too. 

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 
I have just built the beetle (pics in gallery) and i was told by the guy in the shop it could be upgraded to a brushless motor at a later date if that is any help as for now mine is standard running a 540 motor

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk