• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Exhaust on maverick blackout

-Dav-

Hey,

I'm looking at changing the exhaust on maverick blackout mt but don't know if either of these will fit onto it (see pictures attached) if anyone has tried it or knows if they fit could you tell me your experience with them. 

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Dav

s465815556109107507_p793_i1_w490.jpeg

s465815556109107507_p801_i2_w1280.jpeg

Don`t think either of those will fit. For the blackout IMO there is only one exhaust upgrade and it is this one

http://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/petrol-car-parts-hopups/maverick-blackout-parts-hopups/hopups-from-other-manufactures-en/ddm-dominator-pipe-for-maverick-blackout-redcat-rampage-fd15x.html          That will really wack up the performance 

9 hours ago, evssv said:

I'd jus Google  blackout  exhaust upgrades and chk out the pics :good:...to see what will fit 

Right iv been doing some research and iv fount out the maverick blackout is a re-brand of the Redcat Rampage and both the exhausts shown (on original post) fit onto the Redcat Rampage but I'll defo have to modify the maverick blackout shell to make them fit properly which I don't mind especially if it makes it different to other people's maverick blackouts. 

So my next question will be if anyone could help, I know the DDM Dominator exhaust adds performance, would either of these exhausts add performance aswell as can't find information on that so any help would be great and appreciated.  

44 minutes ago, evssv said:

Probly not as there  both cheap  ones  which i doubt  have not been tested kje a ddm one would of been :good:....all they'll  add is a nasty racket to ur ears:lol:

There all gonna make a loud noise? I live in a "posh" area so any noise is considered nasty around here? I just like the sound of 2 strokes anyways.? also I won't be stood next to it while im driving it around ? 

They've gotta be better than the stock tube sticking out the back?? that surely cant be doing anything apart from pushing smoke further back and melting my shell ? 

4 hours ago, evssv said:

Probly not as there  both cheap  ones  which i doubt  have not been tested kje a ddm one would of been :good:....all they'll  add is a nasty racket to ur ears:lol:

I would not think about fitting the twin outlet one as evssv says just noise you may as well stick to the original. As for the other one can`t get my head round that will fit ?? but again just noise with very little improvement. If as you say you live in a noise conscious area you will be better to stick to the original.

2 hours ago, Ian w said:

I would not think about fitting the twin outlet one as evssv says just noise you may as well stick to the original. As for the other one can`t get my head round that will fit ?? but again just noise with very little improvement. If as you say you live in a noise conscious area you will be better to stick to the original.

Maybe not the duel outlet then but as for the other I fount this picture which made me think more that one. 

Also iv fount an American brand 'jet pro' so I'd have to wait for delivery but some of the exhausts will fit the maverick blackout plus I'm assuming there tested as they've got videos of the trucks with each exhaust on and they do look like a decent brand and make. 

maxresdefault.jpg

18 minutes ago, evssv said:

out of the 3 u have looked at the jet pro would b best imo......:good:

Continuing my search threw jetpro I managed to find this that I quite like the look of, I like the raw metal look of it aswell. 

Also in my search for a new shell iv emailed kraken to get shell dimensions so I can have a look at fitting a kraken cage and panels to my maverick blackout, if it's possible I'll definitely have one different looking truck. 

pic00010_2.jpg

Here ya go. ..there sat on my losi  dbxl in these pics  as i was gonna  make the dbxl  into a monster truck. But I've got it sold now. ..:good:

20160608_210753_zpsbpdch7fy

20160608_203850_zps6swqbpaq20160608_203911_zpsmwmq25go

20160608_210530_zpsloy0uxof20160608_210449_zps2hmypyeo

20160608_203951_zpsh2dl4fsh20160608_210510_zpsfesmrb5d

both  brand new  never been run on a rc...very sturdy  plastic  unlike the stock maverick shells:yes:

Edited by evssv

That one on far left in the first pic is nice, I'm after a more cagey shell which is why I was looking at the kraken shells well cages lol but I do like the black one over the red one. 

Ahh nice, is it hard to wrap stuff? But I meant the make of the shell as I like the look and if kraken cage fails to fit the blackout I'll have to look elsewhere for one that will. 

14 hours ago, -Dav- said:

Ahh nice, is it hard to wrap stuff? But I meant the make of the shell as I like the look and if kraken cage fails to fit the blackout I'll have to look elsewhere for one that will. 

it took me about 1-2 hr odds to wrap both side panels..not easy going round the curves in one piece like I did.....:yes:and its a stock losi dbxl cage:good:

Edited by evssv

Jet pro, cpi or ddm are the only real options for the blackout, with the ddm being the easiest to get a hold of. Any exhaust that you put on will make it  a lot louder but it really needs it as in stock form the trucks pretty slow.

keep us posted if you get the kraken cage to work :good:

18 hours ago, evssv said:

it took me about 1-2 hr odds to wrap both side panels..not easy going round the curves in one piece like I did.....:yes:and its a stock losi dbxl cage:good:

Well that's what I was wondering as it looks really well done just one sheet to cover each part? 

Ahh right, looks really good for a stock cage. 

13 minutes ago, Hyper-d said:

Jet pro, cpi or ddm are the only real options for the blackout, with the ddm being the easiest to get a hold of. Any exhaust that you put on will make it  a lot louder but it really needs it as in stock form the trucks pretty slow.

keep us posted if you get the kraken cage to work :good:

IV been looking at importing a jetpro exhaust from America bit pricey but fingers crossed its worth it.

They certainly look better anyways, also I don't want a side exhaust like the ddm as already got one on my blackout xb and iv rolled a couple times and knocked it and slightly bent it so wanted something different for the blackout mt. 

For the kraken cage I'm just waiting on kraken to reply with dimensions of the cage so I can compare the dimensions of my truck, if it's close enough I'll buy one and try modify it to fit properly. If succeeding in making it fit I'll definitely have one different looking blackout mt lol.