• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

BFG Flights

Smoothybb

Bit more filler for the planes section. It feels a bit lonely in here :poster_spam:

Couple of videos taken while flying my HK BFG. Little bit FPV but mainly LOS. Nice stable plane, big enough to just about see up to 1500ft and beyond. I'll spam the proper plane section with the details.

If you choose the right plane, yes, if you go too big/fast too soon it will be tricky at best.

Theory says you put in some time on a simulator first but something like the bixler, or one of the very similar models, all make it easy to learn. Throw one properly trimmed and it will glide to the floor, handily with the prop safe from all but a very bad landing. From there you decide, straight to throttle or play with left/right/up/down. Depending on what lipos/charger you have, you could get everything needed to try it out for a shade over £100. You could even get something with SAFE, which has different levels of autopilot depending on your skill level.

After that, it's up to you. Faster plane, slope soaring, fpv, the list goes on. I like sitting up quite high with a glider and floating about, looking around. I should pay more attention, I get lost without the OSD to point to home. :whistling:

• Like 1