• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hop-ups for tamiya m-06???

Rc lari

Hi can people help please? 

I've recently bought a new lowride pumpkin kit and found the gear bearings don't fit as the originals and the new sealed ball bearings I bought just fall straight out , I even bought the reinforced gear assembly but just the same!!.... I've contacted the supplier and they just said call tamiya, a bit pants customer service really..!!

Also I'm after some hop ups and some oil filled shocks/dampers but can't find any for the M-06 just m-05 / M-03.

If anyone can help that would be grateful.

?

• 1 month later...

The bearings are usually a sliding fit in the gears. They don't stay in by themselves, but this doesn't affect their function - the gears still spin true in my experience. If it worries you, bearing seating compound will keep them in.

The M-05 and M-06 use the same suspension and hence the same hop-ups, so the Super Mini CVAs or their alloy equivalents will work equally well on both cars.

Edited by XV Pilot