• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma GT24 Owners

johninderby

Hi Johninderby! Nice looking R! Ive the TR and B, prefer the looks of the B but got a TR for the space under the canopy for bigger electronics.

I imagine 3s is mental! Once my esc and motor arrive i shall be trying it for myself :-) do you by any chance know what pitch these pinions/spurs are?

I have also been looking for Losi shocks but they seem few and far between. Ive already put hard springs on the rear of mine along with spacers to stop the little guy sagging under the weight of the gps on speed runs. More tinkering will be done this week then il stick some pics up

PM'd you John

More progress made on the chassis today, top plate almost finished just trying to squeeze all the components in now. Glad im using the truggy shell, buggy isnt anywhere near big enough for the components im using.

Has anyone managed to get a bigger than 14t pinion on these cars yet?

• 1 month later...

Anyone know the size for the rubber washers inside the Carisma Aluminium Shocks?? I've mashed a couple of them bashing mine around, and they don't come as separate parts normally....

really pleased with this bashing session. If anyone is sitting on the fence about the GT24 or micros in general......

Edited by Fiend

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/10/2017 at 08:10, johninderby said:

Pinion is mod 0,5. 2mm shaft.

Have a spare set of the Losi 1762 shocks.

John

28535_FB3-7_C2_B-4352-8540-401976923184.

Ho john. Im new to RC but loving my gt24. BUT cant find the losi shocks. Do you still have a set? Thanks

? no problem. Thanks for the reply anyway. Much appreciated. 

Does anyone know anywhere that still stocks the shocks? 

Thanks

Yeh ive seen those but as you say bit pricey.... ill keep looking

Edited by Jay_85
Correction

• 5 months later...

Somebody here posted a pic of rally body on TR/T chassis. I was a bit upset ?. I was really interested if it fits, but the guy tried it with TR wheels. Well, of course that it doesn't fit with TR wheels ?. I ordered some TR arms myself and and it's not bad! I enjoy fiddling with a suspension so much ? and longer arms give the car nice smooth feeling. Just what I wanted. What I haven't expect is that wheelbase is now longer, so it's not perfect fit. I had to cut rear fenders a bit and they are now too big.

Photo 26-06-2018, 00 53 46.jpg

Photo 26-06-2018, 00 52 37.jpg

Edited by nointentions

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, Davidnigel said:

Hi , I'm new to this RC world and bought a carisma gt 24b for my 8 year old . Its great, but notice not so good over grass . Is it possible to improve ride height by simple change wheels for truggy ones if they will fit without major suspension change  ?

I saw some video with a kid who had GT24B on truggy wheels, so it certainly is possible. I bet it will be much much more capable offroad. You will just have a bit shorter A arms. (you can install truggy ones as I did, but I don't think it's nacessary.

20 hours ago, nointentions said:

I saw some video with a kid who had GT24B on truggy wheels, so it certainly is possible. I bet it will be much much more capable offroad. You will just have a bit shorter A arms. (you can install truggy ones as I did, but I don't think it's nacessary.

OK thanks  , I will give them a try .

• 3 weeks later...

I brought a hsp 1/24 i wonder if the BL kit from the charisma will fit the hsp. Plus servo and rx. The hsp isnt wheelie fast but ok for 4.8v. I have a 2s ready but unsure about snipping. 

20181001_204255_zpshqde9pk8.jpg

20181001_154345_zpsdtfgkwxj.jpg

Edited by RCbutcher

• 2 months later...

I ditched the above to lil bro checked the carisma to buy and realised its on its last legs no stock but one so didn't buy it thinking itll be a dead horse soon. What a cack. 

• 2 years later...

Hi,  Wonder if anybody can help.  I've just got a GT24TR from ebay, but I've no idea how to remove the wheels?  The Tamiya spanner thing is too short to fit down inside the wheel.  I can try and cut it down, bit I don't really want to?

Any help gratefully received

Best regards,

Alan