• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ftx or vaterra

camy67

Hi all, looking to get a sandrail type buggy.

Whats better, ftx sidewinder or vaterra glamis uno? 

Also like the ftx viper style buggy but they seem dearer.

Cheers

Edited by camy67

I don't know about the Vaterra but the FTX Sidewinder is a piece of junk best avoided at all costs. I don't think I ever managed to put a full pack through mine without breaking something. Being my first RC I put it down to my driving at first but now having more experience it was 100% the weak plastics.

• Like 2

+ one on the above. My ftx viper behaves like it's made of fine china. If you like desert buggies, have a look at the hobbyking basher sandstorm . It's 12th scale but pretty bombproof. Ive got mine 12 ft up a sea wall , landed it on its roof & it came away with scratches.  Its an arse getting spares , but you dont really need em 

FTX = locally rebranded product of uncertain Chinese origin, owned by CML Distribution.

Vaterra = an international brand in its own right - part of the Horizon Hobby group that also includes Spektrum and Losi for example.

I know which one I would pick...

Edited by XV Pilot