• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tempted to get a Axial Wraith instead?

gti power

So as some of you will be aware from my previous post not so long after selling my Axial scx-10 Land rover D90 build I've started to regret it and have began to look again at buying a G2 to build another Defender.

Now a spanner has been thrown in the works after a very good friend of mine has offered me his Axial wraith Which he bought around 18 moths ago and hasn't used for very long at all, literally i bet he hasn't ran a fully charged battery flat!

I'm tempted to get The Wraith mainly to see if its a flash in the pan again and to see if I'm just needing to scratch an itch or if ill actually stick to the hobby if i spent out on a G2.

I know the Wraith will be a more capable crawler than my previous scx-10 build and the possible G2 I'm looking to purchase however i love the detail and scale looks of the defender ( its literally what drew me into the hobby to begin) this maybe a positive in the sense if its more practical for the intended use then i may enjoy using it.

I feel i spent a lot on my scx-10 and i lost a lot of that when i sold it, what up grades would be essential on the Wraith or is it best to replace when required?

I notice there are different versions of the Wraith so i need to check which one my friend has, did they all come with the light pack? i know he bought it in kit for as he likes building and detailing them and i think that is pretty much the only reason he got it. 

Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated, also what would you say is a fair price its RTR but only on 27mhz without a battery? 

I had an SCX 10 dingo kit that i regretted selling and was almost going to pull the trigger on a Gmade R1 but decided to go with the Vaterra Ascender instead.

I think i made the right choice as its the detail side that lures me the most.

Mind you there's plenty detailing to be had on a Wraith.

Edited by stupar