• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Brushless set up for 1/24th scale truggy

swingy_p

Evening people,

Am after some advice on converting a Colt Mini-C truggy from Nitro (never have been able to get this little bugger to run!!) to a brushless set-up,

Have seen someone selling a motor, motor mount and esc on eBay from a losi 8ight that's seams a good price but just need some advice on what's out there thats gonna be suitable so we can get some use out this little truck

Cheers Paul [emoji106]

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

You sure on the scale? Web suggests 1/16.

Likely as not, a combo and conversion kit from an 8ight is far too large for purpose. You want some 1/16th scale electronics and motor mount which will require modding to fit...or make your own from some angle ally....

You sure on the scale? Web suggests 1/16.

Likely as not, a combo and conversion kit from an 8ight is far too large for purpose. You want some 1/16th scale electronics and motor mount which will require modding to fit...or make your own from some angle ally....

Hi,

Sorry yes it's a 1/16 truggy I realised that after I posted it but tapacrap wouldn't let me edit the post title.

So would the motor set up from the mini 8ight still be too large for what I'm looking for?

OK will have to get the dimensions of the motor from the seller and see its doable as take it its gonna be the length as well as the diameter that's gonna be the issue?

Gonna dig it out the cupboard in the morning and have a better look at it

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 19:26, swingy_p said:

OK will have to get the dimensions of the motor from the seller and see its doable as take it its gonna be the length as well as the diameter that's gonna be the issue?

Gonna dig it out the cupboard in the morning and have a better look at it

I have a hobbywing motor for sell dude....should fit in this...was out my losi miniT.....pm if interested.:yes:

I have a hobbywing motor for sell dude....should fit in this...was out my losi miniT.....pm if interested.:yes:

Cheers dude ?

Gonna dig the little guy out later and see what space I've got to play with, with regards to the motor.

Don't suppose yours is easy to get to? And give me the overall length please? WhatsApp me if you want mate ?

36 minutes ago, swingy_p said:

Cheers dude ?

Gonna dig the little guy out later and see what space I've got to play with, with regards to the motor.

Don't suppose yours is easy to get to? And give me the overall length please? WhatsApp me if you want mate ?

Hee ya go..its this one 

Screenshot_2016-08-28-12-24-24_zps6w9uo2

Edited by evssv