• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Fifth Scale Savage Flux

Kpowell911

As much as I love Badlands, that long beast needs the Trenchers. At least just for some pics.

I don't want it to be a monster truck, I suppose it's closer to a BAJA, Got my monster truck. This may end up with a centre diff, I really don't know, at the moment it's kind of a 4wd budget Baja 1/5th.  It's weird it's like my Flux XL is too wide and this isn't wide enough haha.

Combo wise, I've got a Quicrun 150 and a 1700kv motor to run on 6s for now. How that will be I don't know. I'm hoping Tug or Noj appear soon with some advice ;) It may end up with a 8s set up, I really haven't thought that far ahead. I'm after a reciever and a 30+kg steering servo for now then we will see what happens.

I suppose I could switch everything over, but the Badlands are actually taller than the Trenchers X' and not much narrower, it's deceiving. I'll try offer them up. I couldn't tell you weight differences either. 24mm hexes are laughably big though ?

Id imagine theyre 5Ts, which are narrower than 5B Rears. I suppose I could end up with 5B Rears all round with a Trencher sized tyre? Im a little concerned about weight. It will inevitably end up 8S Id imagine...

I obviously can't run a shell, so was thinking of buying a sheet of carbon and making some plates to cover some of the flaps? I think I need to look at Baja's to see what they do?

53 minutes ago, Guns said:

What Savage have you gone for?

ive gone for the standard savage flux, got cd conversion and other mods but cant remember now

1 hour ago, Guns said:

I suppose I could switch everything over, but the Badlands are actually taller than the Trenchers X' and not much narrower, it's deceiving. I'll try offer them up. I couldn't tell you weight differences either. 24mm hexes are laughably big though ?

I'm not suggesting you run it with the Trenchers, just wanted to see what difference they made to the look. 

As it stands, I think it's epic. Can't wait for a running vid. 

150a and 1700kv 'should' be OK for 6s, gearing correctly chosen of course...

Tug built a leccy Alza based rig last year, can't recall what size can be used though..... He is known for trialing assorted cans and gear options which doesn't help :lol:

Myself, I like headroom in an ESC...so I'd be fitting a 200a ESC and not maxing it out... The bigger the can and the lower the KV, less current is pulled.... The Max5 is a nice alternative to the castle xl2, bit more compact with a built in no spark and a proper on/off switch. Easier to calibrate too;)

• Like 1

I'd imagine it would be better, I'll try and pick one up can't find them on Hobbyking? Nice looking ESC, somehow it looks far more professional than the Castle XL-X. About £170 they are i believe?

Need a servo too, nothing's in stock mind!

Edited by Guns