• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Norcos losi 5ive

norcoforever

I'll believe it when I see it....:lol: He asked if there is anywhere round here to run it, said that there is, but it will involve muck, so he ain't bringing it on his next visit....:rolleyes:

He's happy to get other people's mucky, seldom his own....then it will be sold, at a huge loss and the next build will come along. History teaches us this is (almost) so. ;)

1 minute ago, Noj said:

I'll believe it when I see it....:lol: He asked if there is anywhere round here to run it, said that there is, but it will involve muck, so he ain't bringing it on his next visit....:rolleyes:

He's happy to get other people's mucky, seldom his own....then it will be sold, at a huge loss and the next build will come along. History teaches us this is (almost) so. ;)

Is the track near you open next weekend good buddy?? ;P

Aye, provided you stump up the annual membership fee of 50 earth pounds. Non members cannot run on non, club weekends. I shall be paying up Sunday. :good:

You can enter on race day, paying the relevant fee, provided you have BRCA membership.

No smelly cars allowed in the new workshop, just bear that in mind :P

Make one out of old cereal boxes, bog roll tubes, sticky backed plastic and double sided tape, for speed....:lol:

Edited by Noj
Sausage fingers
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Noj said:

No smelly cars allowed in the new workshop, just bear that in mind :P

Make one out of old cereal boxes, bog roll tubes, sticky backed plastic and double sided tape, for speed....:lol:

At this rate I may have to lol though I've had an inside tip about some clear shells coming in ;P

How much have you spend on that? Is it still under £4000? You have radios and almost every part on the vehicle new from parts including body, cage, engine and exhaust numerous alloy parts and many other extras. It looks great thou. Sorry I had to ask because the curiosity is killing me.

• Like 1

I have to ask another question or two. What engine are you going to run on that? And why did you go with 8.4V S9020 and running it 7.4V unless you are planning to get a new 8.4V battery and S9010 to match and complement the S9020. You have build a nice centre differential setup and brakes so it would make sense to give the setup the servo that it needs. For the engine we can have a vote what engine you get.)) I cast my vote to SCZ.

• Like 1

The engine will eventually be an esp of some description in terms of the servos a fully charged 2s lipo is around 8.4v when fully charged.  Tbf the cage was cheap and most of the parts I traded with Carpmart.  In terms of overall cost including buying the car and the tx the bill is belowhat  £2500 still a huge amount of money but I've spread it out and after running it for the first time today it's been worth every penny

• Like 1

I'm so glad my servo choice has caused so many issues XD anyway back to the build lol I'm really impressed with both the hostile slick tyres and also the 30° north shell. My grafil has gone out for paint and will he something a little bit special so wanted a shell that I could bash without worrying about it. The slicks allow me to test the car in my street without trashing my trenchers I have decided that more power is needed just not sure which route to go down. Either esp or pro mx's hmmm

Thanks for the info, they'd be perfect for car park bashing and the necessary testing of a new set-up. I don't wanna be wasting expensive tyres during my test phase. Unless someone has some knackered mounted tyres they want shot of? 

Don't forget, you owe us some vid of this running! 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, norcoforever said:

Wouldn't go above 29.5 incase I do decide to go racing also don't want to start destroying the car lmfao 

An ESP head kit would be the cheapest way to get more power and would give same power as all the other engine tuners to be honest.

Very cheap and good price at £109 too!

http://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/esp-4-bolt-championship-ported-zenoah-36mm-29cc-top-end-kit-cc280.html

Edited by scatteh316