• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bullet steering rods

Skynyrd

Yes. Traxxas rod ends have a good reputation.

Schumacher make some great rod ends for the K2 buggy, nice design allowing extra flex in the rod end. The pillow ball shafts come in differing lengths also, depending on how long yours need to be.

http://www.racing-cars.com/sp/category/New_Cars_and_Parts/subcategory/CAT_K2/templateid/12/searchbox7/Suspension.html

Hth

4 hours ago, Noj said:

Yes. Traxxas rod ends have a good reputation.

Schumacher make some great rod ends for the K2 buggy, nice design allowing extra flex in the rod end. The pillow ball shafts come in differing lengths also, depending on how long yours need to be.

http://www.racing-cars.com/sp/category/New_Cars_and_Parts/subcategory/CAT_K2/templateid/12/searchbox7/Suspension.html

Hth

Those captive ball joints is what I had in mind. Has anyone tried this instead of the ones that push on?

4 hours ago, GedR said:

Hi 

I bought one last week too and had the same problem. I found replacing the 6 mm O rings in the seat of thehub did the trick. Replaced them and haven't had a problem since ran through ten batteries and still going.

Ged

Where are those O rings to be found Ged?

Hi Skynard

sorry I think I told you to use 6 mm o rings, I made a mistake you need 2.8 mm (P3). They are located inside the hub where the dogbone is seated at both ends. I hope you hadn't bought the the others yet!

Ged

• 1 month later...

Rpm rod ends might be the best option they need balls seperatly but I think the rpm rod ends are £5 from RCmart. Then a pack of traxxas hollow balls or other. 

Be sure to get the right length rod ends you'll need long or short.