• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lels Baja! KM 002C

lel-95

chassis is straight now, i took the bulkhead bolts out and the IRC brace sprung back to its original shape so just tweaked the chassis to match, only had to go a few mm. 

Think if this chassis keeps bending i'll go for an IRC one, I'd love a Kraken but i don't bash hard enough to justify the extra cost. 

• Like 1

Posty brought some new bits this morning so its all rebuilt and ready to roll again 

IMAG1769_zpsykxrvcqs.jpg

IMAG1770_zpsie4mvora.jpg

IMAG1771_zpsuyhxuygs.jpg

broken bits :D

IMAG1768_zpsbfckh4h6.jpg

Got a set of fornt Dirt busters coming off a mate and another set of front rims in the post, i'm thinking of running fronts all round, saw a few people running like that and they seem to hook up a lot better where i run so i'll give it a shot and see. 

Looks like I'll be missing this weekends bash, ordered some KM front foams to finish my wheels off and they just simply dont fit!

They are about an inch bigger than the tyre itself and just plain refuse to go inside, dont know why i bother!

Have you got any pipe insulation? Cut and glue/tape it together at right length.  Ran a set of fronts like this for a while... does the job if you haven't got the foams... or cut and tape the 5t ones unless you want to send them back.

Just gets you running :)

Edited by (-:AD:-)

1 hour ago, (-:AD:-) said:

Have you got any pipe insulation? Cut and glue/tape it together at right length.  Ran a set of fronts like this for a while... does the job if you haven't got the foams... or cut and tape the 5t ones unless you want to send them back.

Just gets you running :)

They're for the rear oddly enough, i'm going to be running fronts all round so cut up foams on the rear may lead to a disaster :( ordered the right ones this time but i doubt they will be here for sunday

7 minutes ago, scatteh316 said:

How much stronger is that front end now with the alloy added ;)

hopefully strong enough to last more than 5 mins unlike the plastic :D