• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Obr uk

Harris2258

11 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

They maybe do it for special customers.

I'm talking about in general, on there website, you cannot select the UK as an address.

My mate was not a special customer lol

And yes there's no UK option... sucks..... I have family in the states though so if ever I do decide to replace my ESP G320 I'll try and get them to buy it and ship it over to me.

8 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

He must have been something to make them do that, I contacted them regarding a twin and Dan said they don't ship to the UK.

No he really isn't..... He bought a used Losi 5ive with an OBR.... turns out the engine was shot.... he emailed OBR for a replacement head kit and they sold it too him.

I emailed them then for an engine and they denied all knowledge, obviously don't want to upset the UK vendors... I still have the emails in my inbox I think.

Ahhh that would explain if, it one of there engines have gone bad.

They may have a bit of a reputation for 'hit and miss' engines but they do seem to have very good customer service.

That would make him a 'special' customer, in a way.

The last thing they'll want is for someone to be saying that they bought an OBR and it broke and they couldn't get replacement parts for weeks/months until the UK distributors had some.

Slightly different circumstances to someone just randomly E-Mailing them :)

Either way it doesn't really matter, because we can get them in the UK, from a good bloke, so the point is quite moot.

My obr 30.5 reed cost me about £170 to build lol! And it's hot! And I love it 

Wasn't new but the head kit was 5 port though not a 6 port, think iv got about 20+ hours on it at a guess and it's full of compression still snapping  pull starts like nobody's business lol! But I can live with that. 

• 3 weeks later...
Not got an issue with OBR except for the price compared to the competitors and the price mark up that they put on the UK is horrendous. 

Stock G320 for £220 + £115 ESP Championship ported head kit = One of the best engines money can buy and the OBR's are no more powerful for nearly double the price.

32 obr with billet crankcase are 335 delivered in uk at present

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sonic2810 said:

32 obr with billet crankcase are 335 delivered in uk at present

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Put a for sale advert up then...

my personal view, based on direct experience of numerous OBR engines is that they are not worth half that price...