• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

R46 carisma GT24b

R46

Big thanks to tracksidespares for their awesome service!
Recieved yesterday morning as about too leave out for work :good:

20150919_090322_zps5zac8qwp.jpg

Along with few goodies 
20150919_091030_zpsvot1diky.jpg

Broke out tools when got a chance an got wrenching to be ready for mini z club meet tomorrow :P
20150919_104740_zpszvrrxcg8.jpg

20150919_120957_zpsy7zatbtl.jpg

Carbon tower an metal shafts on

20150919_104659_zpsutu3cpq7.jpg

Brass pinion n alloy shocks on
20150919_122418_zpsqdfi67yy.jpg

20150919_122327_zpsoj85lnj8.jpg

20150919_181239_zpsvjrak2il.jpg

20150919_181300_zpsnrslp5jq.jpg

20150919_181430_zpsfbqkwubh.jpg

20150919_181453_zpsayzreb6p.jpg

Ready an waiting for track
20150919_124022_zpsppp4vtyg.jpg

Test run was superb just need too switch from 30 to maybe 45wt oil @rear
Not so keen with rear post gonna switch post for a pin type soon. Had brief taster off 2s luv it :P

hitting club shortly for Shake down..

Edited by R46
  • Like 2

Was very good on rcp track (2 tile wide) just had to reduced steering lock via radio an got in some good clean laps :P

Then dropped in 2s cell was too much for such a tight track so went an attacked playground motor woke up an was hauling! Did some jumps too very neutral in air :good: one of landings pulled a lovely wheelie. Gave members of club a feel of buggy an 1s some were moaning not fast enough an when felt 2s talk was where to buy an spares prices lol

gt24b with upgrades still cheaper than stock mini z buggy which requires hell of lot of upgrades/££ to be reliable.

tyre compound seems to be soft as worn some, be stocking up on both shore tyres available. Yet to try my losi truggy wheels fitment looks same shall try soon..

• Like 2

Totally worn out the tyres on mine and I've only put a couple of packs (2S) through it. For a race car I'd be fine with that but the way it's sold this is more of a fun car. They do sell a harder version of the tyres but I'd like to see more patterns too. 

I like the look of the upgrades but I doubt I'll bother as there is nowhere local to race it. Mine gets run on our 1/10th track and it does that fine out of the box (with 2S). 

Looks good - I need to look into upgrade prices. I was considering a brushless Mini Z buggy, or upgrading the current one, but it's fiddly to work on and not that reliable. Even imported, the brushless Mini Z  buggy is very expensive as well, and needs a lot of upgrades - it does not even come with wheels ! That Carisma looks simpler and the price is good, not much more than half the Mini Z chassis price, for a full RTR kit. 

Edited by jehosophat

• 4 months later...

Not especially, because the plastic ones don't seem that prone to breaking or wearing out in. I think the slipper helps in that respect.

Normally plastic pinions are pretty unreliable so I get why R46 just went straight to the metal ones but it doesn't seem to be that vital. When one of my plastic ones dies I'll upgrade but not before.