• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hpi Savage X Shocks

pmac

Hi all,

I have a savage x ss, the older model with the 8 shocks. When I purchased it, there was a mixture of shocks fitted to it, so I treated it to a new set from EBay. They were not genuine HPI, they were the purple and yellow set. The first time I used them on the truck, one broke and 2 leaked oil everywhere. I contacted the seller, who to be fair sent me a new set free of charge. I fitted these and run it for a while, just bashing and playing around. Yesterday I gave it a clean up and service, and found that 7 of the shocks had leaked out all of the oil - I thought it was bouncing around a bit. I have had enough of these now and want to replace them.

Is it worth getting another set of 8 Hpi ones or is it worth going for a big bore set of 4? If I go for the four, what conversation kit do I need to go for, any ideas best place to purchase from.

Any help or advice is greatly received.

Thanks Paul.

I originally had the 8 shocks on my x and after bouncing up a kurb and bending the shafts on the front corner I upgraded to the hpi big bores off fleabay. It was just a streight swap over, 2 off and 1 big bore on each corner. I also refilled with 50wt shock oil too