• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

First rc...

Prokart2000

21 pages of advice and still we have no decision.

Do you have this dilemma each day when dressing?

There is a bloke, handsome, svelte chap, with long flowing hair, who once entered a model shop and purchased a Traxxas Slash. He liked it so much, he bought almost every leccy model in their range. Dissatisfied with such a small number of vehicles, he proceeded to buy more and more, each one bigger than the last, until he had to move house because there were more RCs than space.

Is he happy?

No, he isn't. For one reason.

HE HAS NEVER OWNED A FIRESTORM!

:)

Edited by Noj
  • Like 3

21 pages of advice and still we have no decision.

Do you have this dilemma each day when dressing?

There is a bloke, handsome, svelte chap, with long flowing hair, who once entered a model shop and purchased a Traxxas Slash. He liked it so much, he bought almost every leccy model in their range. Dissatisfied with such a small number of vehicles, he proceeded to buy more and more, each one bigger than the last, until he had to move house because there were more RCs than space.

Is he happy?

No, he isn't. For one reason.

HE HAS NEVER OWNED A FIRESTORM!

:)

lol!!!

Are we still not done yet?  Just get the Hong Nor as suggested ages ago and be done with it!

pls don't confuse him even more...lol! :thumbsup:!....by now he surly has all the info to make a informed choice as all the rc given advice on r decnt ones.....so its now down to him to decide how he spends his

Edited by evssv

Yeah lol it will be the Merv unless I see a tasty used one on here that comes with everything

merv?!?.since when....??....lol...jus buy one ...what ever takes ur fancy....good luck which ever u choose! :thumbsup:!

Edited by evssv

Yeah lol it will be the Merv unless I see a tasty used one on here that comes with everything

After all that has been said, the two cars that stand out for me are the Firestorm or the Hong Nor....you wont go wrong with either!

pls don't confuse him even more...lol! :thumbsup:!....by now he surly has all the info to make a informed choice as all the rc given advice on r decnt ones.....so its now down to him to decide how he spends his

lol...i dont mean to confuse, i just want him to get a 1/8th scale brushless. They are best after all.  :yes: IMO.

yeah so do i because there waaaaaay better then any 1/10th weather nimh/brushed/brushless/nitro.....but the descision is his.....and yes mervs r trouble.....that's y i didn't/wont get one... Edited by evssv

merv?!?.since when....??....lol...jus buy one ...what ever takes ur fancy....good luck which ever u choose! :thumbsup:!

That's the one my mate had that i said

Started reading this thread two days ago and my expert advice is that Trumpton was way better than Campbell wick green.

And you should buy that one.

• Like 1

i will try to stop hassling you lol, this is my mates one and im only suggesting it as he has one, never had any problems and i had a go and it seemed quick for a stock rc http://www.modelsport.co.uk/traxxas-1-16-e-revo-xl-2.5-tq-2.4ghz-silver-/rc-car-products/379447 

..ahh...i never clicked the link....i assumed he had a losi as u were on about them in the same thread.......but again..if u want a merv...get one....simples!!

..ahh...i never clicked the link....i assumed he had a losi as u were on about them in the same thread.......but again..if u want a merv...get one....simples!!

Lol its ok, are Merv's good from your experience and is there anything bad about them

I would advise you read the previous 20 posts and decide for yourself what people feel about the MERV. I have no personal experiences but I am sure you can find something in the Micro and Mini section

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol its ok, are Merv's good from your experience and is there anything bad about them

all I know is the diffs r crap. .as most traxxas ones r....and u have to spend on them to make them bash proof. ...an I don't jus mean a pair of bumpers like a firestrom... 20 odd quid...u have to spend on them.....often.....an it soon adds up. ....look /ask in the mini section about the merv. ..or ask ur mate... but I doubt his hardly brakes but this is typical ..until u actually get one an it brakes All the time. .....typical! !!.. .. Edited by evssv

all I know is the diffs r crap. .as most traxxas ones r....and u have to spend on them to make them bash proof. ...an I don't jus mean a pair of bumpers like a firestrom... 20 odd quid...u have to spend on them.....often.....an it soon adds up. ....look /ask in the mini section about the merv. ..or ask ur mate... but I doubt his hardly brakes but this is typical ..until u actually get one an it brakes All the time. .....typical! !!.. ..

His is broken now. But he has had it for 3 years with no issues, im not a hard basher so hopefully I'm ok

Yeah he has, I will only be on road and dirt

cool....now u know what to buy.

...ATLAST! :thumbsup:!

• Like 1