• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Fujimi BMW Z4 GT3 2013

PurcyP

Interior is now finished :D

doing the roll cage was ...an "experience" with my shakes lol but im happy with the outcome, all come together nicely. 

Now its on to the body, first up will be colour sanding and polishing and then will do the rest, fitting the naca ducts, etc etc

IMG_0665_zps9ndeaevp.jpg

IMG_0666_zpsm4fbphpj.jpg

IMG_0667_zpsr4zug4rp.jpg

IMG_0668_zps46befzm5.jpg

• Like 1

Nah plenty of pics just keep your wits about you, this z4 has been good fun to build.

Oh ok thanks yes will hopefully give a fujimi kit a go sometime in the future still got 4 tamiya kits in there boxes still to build yet and in the middle of doing 2 tanks just now lol

haha crack on 

Ive finished up for this evening got a few extra bits done

Aerocatches on the bonnet, bit of a bugger to fit right, guess that was due to the painting adding a few mm of material, oh well nothing big

also fitted the intake scoops ..or first part of em anyway on top, 

and the front grills as well 

oh and the rear wing 

oh and side naca ducts 

oh and painted the front n rear lower grills as well 

Excuse the mucky prints, needs a clean. 

Also gonna try n poke the aerocatches so they fit a bit more flush on the bonnet.

IMG_0673_zps7rqoddvq.jpg

IMG_0674_zpsezmvjfvi.jpg

IMG_0675_zpsd0d371ps.jpg

Edited by PurcyP

Been cracking on and im nearly finished 

the windscreen i used clear smoke on, little more subtle than using straight black that would of looked naff, some of it gets covered by decals anyway. 

the front canards were a bit of a bugger to glue on, purely due to my shakes, but overall the builds been such a pleasure, especially after the revell datsun, all the parts fits wonderfully, they also put glue points on places so you dont ruin clear parts in particular, everything just works! 

really happy with the build, got a few little details to finish off like painting the red on the tow straps and then its onto final polishing and then decals

car really needs a good clean up before i put decals on. 

IMG_0679_zpskfkyh0dv.jpg

IMG_0676_zpsscsshkef.jpg

IMG_0680_zps9c36iplk.jpg

IMG_0681_zpshiklrdxz.jpg

Shes finished! 

:D

Kind of lol, decals to do and thats it.

i did the wheel decals prior, coated them with smoke clear to give a more realistic effect, kit as said above comes with dry decals but purchased for a fiver a load of wet transfers to use instead as i didnt understand how to use dry decals but hey ho.

managed to clean n polish a bit without removing a load of paint in areas where it wasnt sprayed like the naca ducts, overall really pleased 

just decals and little cleaning n polishing 

what a kit,

Got a lot of the decals on now will get some pics up soon when its all finished, only decals i didnt use are the main livery as ill mess em up and wanted a more "clean" car. 

Kit wise i am not sure, i originally wasnt going to buy any more after these 2 but then again i said that after the revell mess lol 

so maybe a AMG SLS GT3  or a new SRT Viper if they make em ..we'll see 

Looking forward to seeing it when the decals are done the amg sls gt3 would be nice is it fujimi that make it being looking at a lot of fujimi and Aoshima kits I will maybe be brave and try one of there kits some time but better build the tamiya kits I have first lol

Thanks Noj :D 

vrs55 i think it was a  rx7 i was looking at by aoshima on youtube and i was immediately put off after i saw the amount of parts falling out of the box lol. 

Fujimi do a AMG SLS GT3 so will think about doing that in the future.

i will be lol

here we go, done the decals i wanna do, pictures make the model look ugly n messy :/ but oh well 

looks good though on me window sill in person 

P1010219_zpsq7pb1wdf.jpg

P1010214_zpsygyvokx5.jpg

P1010216_zpsxiieik61.jpg

P1010217_zpsf81mvt7v.jpg

P1010218_zpsdnagxe4o.jpg