• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New RC shop

kiza1208

Hi guys and girls,

So I've been thinking about this for a while.

So here is my plan:

Buy a spare/repair RC chassis.

Fix the RC and add electronics.

Sell them on.

I have seen that spare/repair chassis go for less than rollers so was wondering if I could start a small business buying and selling RCs and if anyone has tried it in the past?

Cheers Kieran

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would need a good amount of capital to get started in order to have a good amount of stock to sell/ split. Someone was doing it with hypers and I don't think it ended well and I'm not sure if he is still doing it. You'd need to have a good amount of parts in so that you can repair the cars other wise you'll be paying the rrp for every parr so your end profit would be minimal after the amount of time you have invested in the car from finding it to them selling them. If you picked one chassis then you might have a better chance of getting a better return as you will only have to carry one set of spares and you could strip a roller down and have a large amount of spares, this would then limit your market and could end up being costly if you can't shift the cars due to lack of demand

At the end of the day most people on the forum wouldn't pay someone to do what you'd be offering unless it was to an extremely high standard or at a very competitive price.

I'd look to get a part time job, it will pay better so you'll have more money to spend on your own rc's

Hi there would u be interested in buying a rtr unused mint condition 1/5th mcd evo 3 rally/touring car with inc 2x bodyshells that are mint condition,plus some spare/upgrade parts ?.