• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Capri-boy's LC EMB-MTH - Monster Truck - First Look

capri-boy

After pining over my Savage I decided another MT was in order - longer term if the Hobao MT Sport proves itself I'll have one of them but for now budget dictated a more modest approach.  Received this yesterday from Trade4me.de, via DHL.  It's the RTR version, though the H after the MT denotes it has the metal parts like the kit versions of the Buggy that we're a must have.  I've yet to have a proper look at it, just whipped it out for some piccies, but certainly the chassis and shocks are the uprated 'kit' versions. 

First impressions are it's very well put together, just like the buggy.  There's about the same amount of slop in the steering as the buggy too, most of which is in the hub carriers.  Tyres are premounted and glued, nice and soft with a good open pattern, though don't feel as if they have very firm foams in.  Came with overspray film and window masks, as well as some stickers and the obligatory haribo's - since when did that become a thing?

Nothing major planned for this, so unless anyone wants anything particular I won't be doing a more indepth thread at this point, other than to update in the EMB thread on how it runs etc.

17591770681_0e5998c2c9_o.jpg

17591780521_b99fc6e912_o.jpg

17589475562_eb7fe840ec_o.jpg

17404240200_9976c2e2dd_o.jpg

17405489769_0bf5e505b6_o.jpg

16969294054_0e932bbac4_o.jpg

17565494666_bd0b9d3fc3_o.jpg

17404020838_1ba9bf95f2_o.jpg

17404277150_94a126e719_o.jpg

17589527582_2823111c00_o.jpg

16969331744_abc9f3a56b_o.jpg

16969339254_d5b969125e_o.jpg

17405550809_3c4e63f759_o.jpg

17405601419_c805a8f918_o.jpg

Edited by capri-boy
typo
  • Like 3

Checked it over missing a rear pre load alloy clip on rear shock but part from that looks ok. Bit bummed out got to look around for some parts already

Mine came this morning going out to get some paint tomorrow. What colour shceme you going with

Not too sure yet, my rattle can skills aren't great....you?

Checked it over missing a rear pre load alloy clip on rear shock but part from that looks ok. Bit bummed out got to look around for some parts already

kk get you now.

You got any other models to compare the size?

Maverick Strada SC (dubious 1:10 size), Hyper 7's, ST Pro, Hong Nor X1 Cr Pro & CRT, FTX Hooligan, Tamiya TL01's, Himoto E10 1:10 buggy - think that's it atm - take your pick.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

You still have this capri-boy? How is it running?

Contemplating an LC Buggy or MT.

Hiya chap - yh, still have this.... ashamed to say though it's still sat in it's box, unpainted.  I'm off on hols next week and am contemplating taking this - as is always the case, the weather is carp today, the only day I've had 'spare' to spray the shell up.  

Just on the basis of the Buggy I'd highly recommend one - the slop being far less of an issue in a basher than racing the buggy.

• Like 1

Hiya chap - yh, still have this.... ashamed to say though it's still sat in it's box, unpainted.  I'm off on hols next week and am contemplating taking this - as is always the case, the weather is carp today, the only day I've had 'spare' to spray the shell up.  

Just on the basis of the Buggy I'd highly recommend one - the slop being far less of an issue in a basher than racing the buggy.

Cheers - one thing I like is that the full metal version is available on trade4me.de which makes it appealing. Think buggy in metal is only in kit

Cheers - one thing I like is that the full metal version is available on trade4me.de which makes it appealing. Think buggy in metal is only in kit

Price has crept up a little since I bought, though the stronger

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at getting the parts for the MT so I have the option to convert the buggy.

Think I just need:

Bodyshell

Body mounts

Wheels/Tyres

I haven't looked at the parts list, but, there's also the bumpers too - prob not essential but do make the 'look'.   I do know shells are reasonably priced (I've ordered a spare as hear there prone to breaking like the Buggies shell). 

Funds dependent, have you not considered the MT rtr new?  The metal RTR version is about

• 10 months later...

Bit of thread revival here.

Got my MT parts today. Contacted LC Racing and they got Schumacher Racing to order and supply.

Got shell, body posts and tyre set (x2)

Just need to chop the body posts down as they are couple of cm too long.

WIN_20160707_19_14_32_Pro.jpg

Not sure how high to set it?

32 minutes ago, Coops said:

Bit of thread revival here.

Got my MT parts today. Contacted LC Racing and they got Schumacher Racing to order and supply.

Got shell, body posts and tyre set (x2)

Just need to chop the body posts down as they are couple of cm too long.

WIN_20160707_19_14_32_Pro.jpg

Not sure how high to set it?

Personally i'd run it as low as it will go - my rtr came with the body mounted really high.  I'm currently waiting on a new body, as sent mine to the painters and they ruined it.  Explanation was it's not normal lexan, what it looks like to me is they we're force drying it between coats and heated it too much.  As such it's fit to bash with only.

well it aint lexan so they do have a point I'm afraid :(  still, they shouldn't melt it for u though :lol:

Re body:..  at least as low to cover sideguards ;)  be wary though as these shells (if stock) can shatter.