• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi 5B Buggy.

RJJ

I have a question for you Rav, so I know a lot of folk cut a small piece of the side of the engine cover... Just wondering why you've chopped the whole top off it?

Better cooling or..?

Billet head mate its higher than a usual engine by a small margin and cover needs to be cut to fit. Thats about as much as you can get away with as that cover also directs airflow from fan around engine. I would imagine it aids a bit in cooling as well.

Due to the big window in the modified front tower plus air coming in around steering posts and then exiting out back plus air filter hole, 4 holes on exhaust side and also a little larger cutout on window near cap allow plenty of airflow in and out of shell without drilling windows on this.

I had no heating issue or servo fade etc during any of the heats and it kept the mud out as well.

• 8 months later...

Look it!! Question though?

Have you ever run into heat issues with the engine during racing? I'm doing a buggy conversion myself and worried a bit about heat on my G320.

Also what front bumper do you use and how is it mounted? And do you run a rear bumper?