• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Orlandoo 1/35 Trail Truck Build Thread

johninderby

Coming soon :hahadance:

Banggood has just shipped my order and as I paid a bit extra for expedited shipping it should be here early next week. They had cancelled my order a few weeks ago saying the kit was "unavailable" but when I checked this morning it had just come back into stock.

All those selling their ridiculously overpriced kits on Amazon.com and eBay just got what's coming to them I think. :mf_laughbounce:

Proper review of the kit to follow. I'm intending to paint it black, athough have some gunmetal grey metallic that would also look good. Will check to see how well the 1/24 Landy shell would fit just in the remote chance that someone might be interested. :tease:

Description:

OH35P01 KIT is the parts version, need to assemble, paint.

Does not included electronic equipment, so you need transmitter, receiver, ESC, motor, servo, and battery.

Scale: 1/35

Length: 170mm

Width: 70mm

Height: 63mm

Wheelbase: 116mm

Tread: 58mm

John

SKU206655-1.jpg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1

Had a proper look through the kit and it seems really good. Quite impressed. I didn't order any of the electrical bits for the kit as I already had a few suitable geared motors, ESC, battery and servo. Comes with a decent tool kit so you can build it with just those tools.

Now to see how well it goes together.

John

Body with quite a lot of detail. Anyone else thinking mini Honcho version when you look at that body & chassis? :whistling:

Orlandoo-1_zpswmo6coke.jpg

Orlandoo-7_zpshw8cp8oc.jpg

Tyres are nice and soft and foams are included.

Orlandoo-2_zpsqbo7joto.jpg

Friction shocks

Orlandoo-3_zps6vwjdvzk.jpg

Axles, proper bearings etc.

Orlandoo-5_zps4cgw5soe.jpg

Gearbox parts

Orlandoo-4_zpskrzuiqcm.jpg

Suspension links

Orlandoo-6_zpscn1eu93x.jpg

Tools

Nut driver, pin vice and drill bit, screwdrivers and grease

Orlandoo-8_zps1tsafsdc.jpg

Edited by johninderby

I hope this truck becomes the next x mods thing. With everybody home brewing upgrades. I'll sort you out with a mini led kit mate foc

There should be some modding potential with different bodies being fitted.

Looks like a 1/24 Landy LWB body will fit and the wheelbase is perfect. Not sure if the kit wheels will be big enough but will mock it up after the chassis is assembled to see what it looks like.

Thanks for the LED offer. Much appreciated.

John

Very cool, only things I don't like is the friction shocks and no bead locks. Hopefully they'll become available.

What electrics will be running in it?

Will be using a Quicrun 1625 ESC and a FlySky 3ch  receiver. Have a micro servo that should fit but if not nano servos are cheap enough. Have some Losi batteries that should fit.

The Losi micro oil shocks might fit. Will just have to check the lengths. The wheels fit onto shafts with a flat on them so not sure if there is a another wheel that would fit or if I can sort out an adapter. Hope it works out that some of the Losi replacement parts can be used.

John

Orlandoo-Manual-1_zpssylj9vnr.jpg

Orlandoo-Manual-2_zpsupialixc.jpg

The Micro Losi wheels attach in a similar way. The Micro Crawler wheels might fit?

• Like 1

Micro crawler wheels are 8mm hex but the 1/24 SCT wheels are indeed the same type of fitting.

Anyway just ordered these from MS so with any luck they'll arrive tomorrow. :yes: Cheap enough for the set of 4. Red and chrome was the only colour in stock but rings are easily repainted.

John

losb1583ms.jpg

• Like 2

Sounds good. I'd do the same as butcher has mentioned, run it stock indoors and build some lego obstacles. Think I'm going to have to get one!

One pretty well stock for indoor running and another one for modding I think. I have the monster Landy which I really like but would also like a stock looking Landy as well.

John

Micro crawler wheels are 8mm hex but the 1/24 SCT wheels are indeed the same type of fitting.

Anyway just ordered these from MS so with any luck they'll arrive tomorrow. :yes: Cheap enough for the set of 4. Red and chrome was the only colour in stock but rings are easily repainted.

John

losb1583ms.jpg

I didn't know the crawler wheels were different but those SCT wheels will look proper. Nice tread too. 

That would be very helpful thanks.

John

Ok, will do. Just as soon as I stand up again lol