• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Saving for nothing?

KingPin

Anybody else in my position?

I was saving for a Twin Hammers, then a Thunder Tiger ST4-G3, then a Wraith...then kept saving for the sake of it.

Then I thought I'd like an Honcho, then looked at Hoboa and then Hong nur. ....

THEN I saw the Yeti XL kit, and nearly went for one......now I've seen some of Thunder Tigers 2015 line up!

Something new always catch my eye!

Am I destined to save and never buy!

KingPin

Edited by KingPin

Better to save than have spent on something unsuitable. There is something that has stopped you buying thus far, I say trust it until you just know that the purchase is right :)

• Like 1

yep....I buy stuff and it sits for ages sum times...rc and motorbike related....We have plenty of rc's but I'm still on the look out jus in case i see a bargain...the for sell section on here don't help....or ebay. ..lol!!...I got 9 crash helmets.....y???I dunn know....they were either bargains or I liked the look of em......do I want sum more. ..probly..

• Like 1

Just like buying a full-size car the trick is to be uber patient, and hold your wad for the exact right thing for you.  The longer you can hold out the better opportunity for the right choice!

I'm not good at this, my technique is more to nab cheap broken stuff, fix it, try it out, and use that to form my opinions of what I really want.  When it came to roller skates I've built about 150 pairs for various people, and have about 6 pairs myself that are really nice ... but I only have one set I really skate on, I put them together as my 'ultimate' skates using all-new parts.  I can now sell some of those other nice skates.

My RC collection is looking kinda similar, and I'm now at the point where I'm starting to collect parts for my 'ultimate' RC (a scaler, which I never would have guessed at when I first got back into RC).  It's taken a lot of trial and error to work out exactly what I want, but it's been fun and educational :)

(the odd exception: I have one good longboard, I only built that after trying out dozens of friends' boards though)

Started saving for a OSD and a mini quad. Ended up saving for the new Subaru WRX STI 2014 model.....quite a jump though i have just bought a new mini quad frame so i guess i will build that first