• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Newbie Revo User

blindboy

Hi,

Im a newbie to nitro and I have just bought myself a second hand Revo 2.5, What are your thoughts as the first things to add/mod on a stock revo:

1. Failsafe

2. High torque stearing servo

3. Nero cooling head - not sure about this one, reading other threads there seems to be a debate if this is necessary.

4. Pro line velocity wheels and bow tie tyres (should I change upgrade wheel nuts? to 17mm)

5. Other suggestions...

Cheers

First thing I did to my revo's was rpm arms all round and a set of proline 40 bowties on 23mm rims with hex adapters. You could go for 17mm but I chose 23mm.

Then P2 rockers and decent springs and oil to help it stop flipping over when turning.

If you're using the 2.5r I'd get a Nova cooling head as they are a great upgrade and keep the engine cooler.

If you're planning on doing the single steering servo mod, make sure you get a decent servo, but all it does is takes weight out of the truck.

All depends really on what you're planning on doing, racing or bashing?

What are P2 rockers? excuse the ignorance!

What Springs would you recommend?

Whats the difference between the size of the hex adaptors? apart from the size, is it strength or availability?

I think I will give bashing a bit of a go, when I have got some confidence move into racing.

Sorry for all the basic questions, as I said I'm a newbie!

The rpm arms come with a lifetime guarentee so if you break them rpm replace them. They look a lot better in my opinion and also not sure if they weigh less than stock.

P2 rockers are progressive 2 rockers. I use orange on the front and tan on the rear springs with 30k oil but best to try a few and see whats best for the surface you bash on.

I just used 23mm hex's are they are easier to find for the revo. Never actually come across 17mm adapters for the revo but there may be some out there. Don't think there's a great difference to them just down to personal preference as they're both stronger than the stock 14mm rims. I used to strip quite a few wheels with 14mm hex's.

If you're just bashing though best thing to do is just use it :D and replace any bits you break with upgrades if you want too.

RPM are lighter than stock....slightly.

If your bashing you need 50wt oil and hard springs like pink fornt purple rear or 3racing yellow front green rear!

you may also consider the traxxas red pushrods and turnbuckles (much stronger ;) )

they are tracxxas apart from the yellow and green ones i mentioned they are 3 racing, traxxas just have a lil mark of colour on their red springs to indicate the strength other manufactures such as 3 racing colour all the springs in the appropriate shade!