• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HoBao 1/8 Hyper MTe Sport

mydoddy69

Ahh okay let me know how those gens ace packs do ya I may pick up some and I'm not to fussed about the radius just it turn tighter one way than the other and I can't see why that's the case unless I lengthen the steering links but then wheels will be out so abit of catch 22

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Yeah I thought I looked at it and was like what servo is gunna reach that then so I shorted it do you think a 18t pinion and 4s would be good until I get a 6s set up

Ahh okay cool can you take a picture of how you layed out your servo please

That looks sexy I'll have to get one now, no problem I'll get a pic of mine

c1846890894d172fbae46fca297306f2.jpg

Must be the steering links then I've noticed when the steering is on lock the caster block and steering knuckle arnt touching and it's the bell rank hitting the diff case however if I lengthen the links the wheels will be out of line

• Like 1

Right I have checked mine and it's the same as yours one side seems to turn further than the other on full rates .. So your need to adjust your end points for each side not just the throw ..

If it's binding then that's something differentt and your need to locate the source and free it up

Hope that helps

Just looked when the suspension is under compression the steering knuckles and castor blocks touch and I check the crank and when there is suspension compression the crank moves in more

So now I've spent some time sorting the alignment issues the truck seems all good just needs a bigger pinion

Haha the thing just flips but it's a cool experiencing driving something like that

Devin, if your struggling I've got a some big mod 1's i don't use at the moment.  Going rate seems to be a fiver posted, though will combine if you want a couple - def got a few 19's and a 20, maybe a 21 and vague memory of some monster thing like a 23.

Doddy - love the shell - have you had to mod the body mounts?  Semi gutted I missed out on the used one, will bite on a new roller if either it drops a little or i fall on a new combo - fed up of robbing combo's from peter for paul and already a buggy system short.

• Like 1

Doddy - love the shell - have you had to mod the body mounts?  Semi gutted I missed out on the used one, will bite on a new roller if either it drops a little or i fall on a new combo - fed up of robbing combo's from peter for paul and already a buggy system short.

No fella not to the body's mounts but I have tweaked the bumpers ;)

Both front and rear bumpers have a slight curve so I used my heat gun to warm them up and straighten them up a bit ;)

Ideally it needs to sit a few mm lower but that creates to many headaches on the esc mounting and catching the front shocks on lower compression.. I have added some foam padding to the roll cage to fill the gap which I hope will add some extra support for the shell ..

The shell itself is a Proline Ford F 100 1966 so a nice old school style !.. Paint well that's not quite decided on yet

• Like 1

So I've ran my truck a few times now and nothing has gone wrong yet, I still have to brace my chassis though so I'm taking it easy till I get that done and I really do need to gear up it runs out of puff so quick so I think a 19t pinion is on the cards :)

I would but it lasts like 40 minutes on a charge and it gets quite warm after a full run