• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New Toy - FTX Sidewinder with pics

Hi.i upped the shock oil weight in my viper to 80. It's stopped its chassis slapping the floor off of jumps :)

Good idea, mine already looks a bit of a mess.

Hahah go for it sure you won't regret it :-P

By the time mine sells I'm sure it will be gone :( Edited by everclear1984

Everything I ordered turned up in one lovely parcel today :D I'm not going to fit anything cosmetic until I decide whether or not I'm keeping the car. I'll be getting out this weekend rain or shine so I'll hopefully have some bashing pics to post :D

20150225_184417_zpsm81hvbyd.jpg

20150224_111852_zpsgmmbycik.jpg

20150226_180732_zpsti20czn7.jpg

20150226_180758_zpsxxdho1nd_edit_1424980

20150226_180955_zpswnhfzvyr_edit_1424981

Edited by everclear1984

Everything I ordered turned up in one lovely parcel today :D I'm not going to fit anything cosmetic until I decide whether or not I'm keeping the car. I'll be getting out this weekend rain or shine so I'll hopefully have some bashing pics to post :D

20150225_184417_zpsm81hvbyd.jpg

20150224_111852_zpsgmmbycik.jpg

20150226_180732_zpsti20czn7.jpg

20150226_180758_zpsxxdho1nd_edit_1424980

20150226_180955_zpswnhfzvyr_edit_1424981

ahaha, i ordered the exact same parts so far! (in different occasions though) 

i am now looking for rear shocks (a possible upgrade but don't really know what to go for), tried to rebuilt them but one has a loose part inside.. :death: no way back from there. 

I still struggle with range..even with fresh batteries...do you get good range? 

i am now looking for rear shocks (a possible upgrade but don't really know what to go for), tried to rebuilt them but one has a loose part inside.. :death: no way back from there.

Absolutely no issues with range so far buddy. I need 2x upper suspension linkages for the front, I suppose you have any spare that you would like to sell? Seems silly paying out for the rest of the parts that come with them as I already have them!

i am now looking for rear shocks (a possible upgrade but don't really know what to go for), tried to rebuilt them but one has a loose part inside.. :death: no way back from there.

Just a thought, have you tried changing the batteries in your tx?

Here's a little clip from today

FTX Sidewinder field bash: http://youtu.be/S7NV91Lf7JQ

Edited by everclear1984

I bought the brushed version so I could learn to upgrade, plus the fact I can choose the combo I put in so I could have something different otherwise I would. I plan on Plasti dipping my shell next week and also ordering the alloy hexes and sand tyres I will run it in Wales with the brushed motor then upgrade to brushless ready for Devon.

Im up there at the end of June on another holiday at Devon cliffs haven site if your near there yeah would be good to meet up.

That's about an hour from me. Give me a shout nearer the time and hopefully we can sort something out

Absolutely no issues with range so far buddy. I need 2x upper suspension linkages for the front, I suppose you have any spare that you would like to sell? Seems silly paying out for the rest of the parts that come with them as I already have them!

which part number? 

I just looked at mine ready to take out tonight and I have a broken hub carrier oh well it'll hold for tonight :) I have found the dog prefers to chase this than a ball.

Edited by NitricRC

Gave it a real good clean last night and replaced any broken parts (still waiting on the suspension links). Now, to sell or not to sell....20150301_210645_zpsewaeybnk.jpg20150301_220608-2_zpszxlycaox.jpg20150301_230944_zpsxm68jehe.jpg

Keep it!!! No point in selling it now :)

Keep it!!! No point in selling it now :)

I will probably keep it to be honest. I just wish you could get RPM or other aftermarket parts for it. The front suspension set up seems to be a real weak point.

Chaps, having followed this thread and watched the videos, I can only conclude that the sidewinder is a very poor buggy and not worth owning.

It appears to break by being breathed on funny and whilst parts are cheap, it makes no financial sense to me to keep spending on it, same parts, week in week out. Reckon if you add up the total spend thus far, it would have paid for something more durable out of the box.

A pity, as it looks rather good, IMO, very mini 5b...

Please don't list it FS on here, eh ;)