• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

*** Updated Hyper owners club ***

50 minutes ago, CandiCane91 said:

what glow plugs should I get and where's best to get from?

OS no8 should be fine or McCoy no9. You'll find some people recommend others. Best place depends if your in a hurry and how much you want to pay. Usually cheapest from ebay Hong Kong.

9 hours ago, CandiCane91 said:

What kind of budget are we talking for the savox 1258-1256tg? And where can I get that from? I'm going to have fun when all my parts come haven't a clue how to fit the so will be coming to you guys!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Savox-SC-1256TG-Coreless-Digital-Servo-20Kg-0-15s-/252147166300?hash=item3ab5246c5c:g:m9wAAOSwr7ZW3H73 or

tbh the other is lower kg`s...1258 is only 12kg`s.....better off with a 20kg servo imo....:good:..I`ve had my hyper a good few years now.....started nitro .21...now a 6s brushless tyre sheredder:yes:...from this.......

to this beast...

Edited by evssv

6 hours ago, evssv said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Savox-SC-1256TG-Coreless-Digital-Servo-20Kg-0-15s-/252147166300?hash=item3ab5246c5c:g:m9wAAOSwr7ZW3H73 or

tbh the other is lower kg`s...1258 is only 12kg`s.....better off with a 20kg servo imo....:good:..I`ve had my hyper a good few years now.....started nitro .21...now a 6s brushless tyre sheredder:yes:...from this.......

to this beast...

You'd say that's better to get then? I don't mind paying that kind of money if it's better for the car! Like a mini project car it's going to be. I like doing cars up and seeing as I can do my own up this will do! Plus had my parts delivered yesterday! 

I would choose the 1256 TG for the power over the1258. The 1256 was developed for MTs and it is up to the job. I have one in my Typhon(e buggy) and it has been a treat so far after several hours of RC off road (real RC off road track) running.
You'll want to be running a 5 cell rx pack(6.0 v) to get the power out of it.

33 minutes ago, GT1 said:

I would choose the 1256 TG for the power over the1258. The 1256 was developed for MTs and it is up to the job. I have one in my Typhon(e buggy) and it has been a treat so far after several hours of RC off road (real RC off road track) running.
You'll want to be running a 5 cell rx pack(6.0 v) to get the power out of it.

Is this 5 cell rx pack something else I need to buy!? Sorry being completely new at this I like huh! So the link evssv sent you would say but then? 

Edited by CandiCane91

What is powering your receiver in the car? If it is 4 AA size batteries in a pack that is 4.8 volts and it is not going to be enough, 5 cells will be 6 volts and that  1256 servo needs 6 volts to put out 20 kilograms of torque.

7 minutes ago, GT1 said:

What is powering your receiver in the car? If it is 4 AA size batteries in a pack that is 4.8 volts and it is not going to be enough, 5 cells will be 6 volts and that  1256 servo needs 6 volts to put out 20 kilograms of torque.

I haven't got the car yet doesn't come till next week. I can look at the spec online to see if I can find out. 

I've been running Alturns in most of my cars for the last couple of years. Those Ultra High Torque servos were fitted to my Hyper 8.5 and currently in my Sworkz 350 evo - still no problems, good servos for the price IMO

Find and bookmark good places for parts replacements, sure enough you will break something.

I haven't ran my PBS yet, I hope I can find parts for it when it breaks.

A set of good Allen keys are a must.  They should all be metric on a hyper 7 but it's best to have a set of imperial just in case.  Standard screws aren't use that much on decent 1/8th but they may still be useful.  Long nose piers and wire cutters are good as well. You'll need a 17mm socket to get the wheel nuts on and off if it doesn't already come in the box.  Also a drill is useful for loads of things,  even if not rc related. 

Another thing is I would recommend threadlocking any screws that go into metal that are attached to moving parts like the engine mount and also the wheels nuts as they like to fly off :D

I don't know any decent brands tbh,  I just buy tools that have good reviews.  Maybe look on Amazon or eBay or in a local hardware shop.