• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Axial Yeti owners thread

philbr

Right, that's good.  The VP knuckles are basically for the EXO and not Yeti-specific, so they have less clearance.

With regard to the nut, I used the grub screw method so I didn't need to worry about reducing clearance.  I took one of the 61mm hinge screws, put a flat spot on it and it's been great.

I never documented any of that on my build thread though - fail.

Right, that's good.  The VP knuckles are basically for the EXO and not Yeti-specific, so they have less clearance.

With regard to the nut, I used the grub screw method so I didn't need to worry about reducing clearance.  I took one of the 61mm hinge screws, put a flat spot on it and it's been great.

I never documented any of that on my build thread though - fail.

even with the added nut there are no clearance problems as it ends up about the same thickness as the original plastic

Edited by philbr
  • Like 1

I did some limited searching for alternatives a while ago without any success. So I simply added two extra packs of them a while ago onto one of my orders from the US, ensuring I have enough replacements for when I bend them again.

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/205948-rc4wd-fuel-offroad-hostage-22-beadlock-wheels/   these might suit the yeti :thumbsup:

I stated adding some LED lights yesterday. I filled the light bar and the front buckets and added some blue LED's in the cab under the roof. and some behind the dash to light up the intruments. I am not quite finished yet (pics to follow)

I could do with some exra bright spot or bar lights for the front. Zombi has lead thy way with his vanquish lights but can anyone recommend somthing good but less expensive?

• Like 1

well I still seem to have alot of problems rolling my yeti. Is this all down to the driver (ie me) how do I improve this.

is there anything I can do to the model to help

I took apart the front end of my yeti last night. to add an ally front diff and steering arm. It turns out my steering was not well setup at all. the arm was rubbing on the front drive. the servo saver was kicking in on every right turn and there was alot of bindding. By the time I get it all back together I am hoping it will run better. the axial ally links are also bent so have ordered the vanquish titainium ones.

well it turns out the vanguard ESC I got from ebay is a dud. It gets hot as soon as you plug in a battery and goes into thermal cut out after only short runs and this is on a 2s lipo. Any suggestions what to replace it with?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Castle-Creations-CSE010006600-Mamba-Max-Pro-1-10-Brushless-ESC-with-SMARTSENSE-/151608762039?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

like this one? why do they not list max current ratings as they do for model aircraft esc's. that is normally what a judge them on. The vanguard esc has a 100A max I would have thought I need at least that

I tried this on my stock bead lock wheels and it does improve things a lot. In the video he describes it as polishing but in fact the opposite is true as you need to roughen up the surfaces to get more grip

Edited by philbr

I tried this on my stock bead lock wheels and it does improve things a lot. In the video he describes it as polishing but in fact the opposite is true as you need to roughen up the surfaces to get more grip

Have done this mod on my wheels it does improve the grip on the bead, also yesterday cleaned out the grease from the front diff and replaced with 7000 cwt diff oil, I was suprised not to find a seal between the diff case and the spur gear having just done all the hyper diffs with a seal! All this is in prep for next weekend when i intend to test that new gpm prop shaft.

No it's not and its 120 amp I think

As my yeti gets mosty use down at the beach or mud plugging net to my local river I would prefer something made waterproof from the off. should I go for a new vanguard esc? I am thinking an esc that is sensor-less compatible maybe a good idea in case I upgrade the motor later on

yesterday cleaned out the grease from the front diff and replaced with 7000 cwt diff oil, I was suprised not to find a seal between the diff case and the spur gear

it should have a gasket there

it should have a gasket there

Sorry should have said rubber o ring the gasket is there, i did give it a quick run around the garden to check all is dry so no problems.

Sorry should have said rubber o ring the gasket is there, i did give it a quick run around the garden to check all is dry so no problems.

it should also be sealed with a o ring at each side