• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New to the forum - getting back into nitro's

Hi guys

New to he forum, getting bad int nitro cars after a few years - first nitro was a firestorm now onto Schumacher riot and just bought a Schumacher rascal - looking forward.

Can anyone tell me why lots of the companies have stopped making nitro cars and moved to electric? Is it eu laws with regarding to 2 stroke motors? Or has the demand dropped in recent years?

Look forward to chatting on here ????

Yes, many prefer the plug and play way of electric so I guess it makes sense to follow the market....but there are still many cars/engines available and plenty of people running them, little cars with actual engines will not die out anytime soon.. :)

Nitro's are still more popular at my local track (1/8 off road), but I run an electric and they are becoming more popular all the time. Soon electrics will take over the title of top racers choice, muhahaha. :D

On a serious note though, I have run Nitro's for about 15 years and I have not looked back since switching to electric. So fast and powerful and so much less hassle.

My hyper is a different vehicle now ive made it brushless. Got fed up of it when it was nitro so lost intetest.

Now its nitro its cleaner (no oily residue)

I dont stink of nitro afterwards (althoguh I like smell lol)

Its just plug in and go

its faster top end and wayyyyy more torquey off the line.

Even my 30quid transmitter and reciever is lipo. So no more rading the house for AA's