• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help identify 1/5 scale hpi or fake

Predator46

7cc9e5f6987c3d176e691ca2dba52ed0.jpg

b1dba596ffc23f2209304d6ecf616b2a.jpg

e5d6d9ae8b17add929dcb21ce505d5c7.jpg

a47fa97fc6d9ae7436bd51f79c3a9066.jpg

Hi guys I need help identifying this baja as I'm trading my rc stuff for the baja o

the guy says he fitted a 34cc engine and tuned pipe and fitted the disc brakes as well. I know their is allot of fakes of the hpi baja and I need to know if this is a hpi baja or a fake. Thanks in advance

It looks like an early king motor baja it certainly has many KM parts but also could be the HPI baja v1 could do with more pics

Nothing wrong with KM'S as such but obviously a lot cheaper than the HPI version

Do you know what servos are fitted ? Also does it have plastic diff case or alloy ? Do the wheels have HPI stamped on them ? Is the manual present ?

What radio is included? Etc

Edited by tomr

The pics are pretty blurry, and don;t show anything really. Don;t show if it's clone, and don't show what's under the shell even if it was genuine.

but:

shell is KM

rear wing is KM

air filter is KM

rollcage roof is KM

pipe is a clone Dom

The rest is, as stated, either V1 HPI or clone. Doesn't look like it's had a lot of use, but it has managed to lose one of hte 4 bolts holding front and rear chassis sections together...and the owner hasn't noticed. Shocks will be 4mm shaft not the later 6mm, and the diff case is probably plastic unless the owner has changed it. Later KM001s had alloy....but V1 HPI were all plastic. I would want to see a receipt for the motor....because they all look the same outside and it's not a Zenoah plastic shroud. And I would want to know the servos fitted.

My guess.... it's a KM001 with HPI wheels and sand paddles bought second hand and fitted and probably a KM or Rovan 30.5cc engine or headkit fitted. Looks like cable disc brakes fitted, which are not expensive..and only work with a good servo and careful setup.

Could be wrong, but I wouldn't pay more than

Thanks for the reply guys I'm trading him my savage 4.6, Maverick Vader, shumacher swift(roller), tamiya ta01, and savage 25 (roller), he said that he will let me know if we can do the swop but now I'm thinking that I can maybe get more for all my rc cars selling it and buying a decent baja! I'll ask him for more pics and post it! Thanks again for all the replies. Here is my collection that I want to swop him

39ee0bfb32767daaac4c28dce2d6d3cb.jpg

3880f0a936f93b5bf79a380ab21d6a6a.jpg

As above the cars you have there will all sell with no problem at all ..... and first dibs on the Vader of you do sell .....

Edited by jea

to be honest the guy would be getting a steal of a bargain. 

its harder to sell items alone than as a bulk swap, but you can loose a good bit of pennys

or most if not all your collection. over time you will build up bits and bobs we all do. 

now to be honest, you could get said baja find it works then find its blowing a head unit, or even worse the bottom end fails

thats a new engine needed and they are NOT cheap.

you could sell on your collection and make some money, back enough to buy a more upto date version

with some sort of warenty .

do not rush in because its a gasser motor rc. think long and hard then make a choice cacullated on what your getting

used and abused or new and warrented 

Sell off your collection and buy new fella, that way you have some warranty and probably some cash left over for upgrades or spares.

It's more hassle to split and sell separately but it will see double the value of it is in bulk job lot guise.....

Good luck whichever way you decide though....

• Like 1