• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Is the FS racing 30cc 1:5 a good car ?

mr101google

FS Racing 30CC 1/5th Petrol Radio Controlled Buggy - 2.4Ghz

Title says it all really, after doing nitro and what not for a few years. I am deciding to start 1:5 petrols, now I don't have a massive budget about

Can't go wrong with a KM 002 baja, don't think you need to do the major tear downs to check everything was filled properly any more, just checking the screws are tight is about it now.

The KM Baja itself is a very sound option, all HPI and aftermarket parts and hop ups fit, and I didn't manage to break anything when i had 002a.

Add the cost of a kill switch in too - around

The Yama gets hate reviews because it's not very well made at all. Lots of sloppy fitting parts, poor quality engine ancilliaries, total lack up upgrades, and generally not a lot to recommend it other than cheapness. They do work after a fashion, but there are so many other options that work so much better.

The FS cars started off as clones of the early MCD buggies. They based them off the really not very reliable Evo II model with weak diffs. They haven't addressed any of the weaknesses in the design they copied, and it's only a matter of time before the rear diff needs attention.

Also....judging from the stuff posted in the original post....you plan to shop at Nitrotek ..... I would suggest going elsewhere

Just google the words nitrotek and customer service and you will get the idea.

• Like 2

I got my son an FS Racing car and it looks to have solid enough plastic suspension arms etc and a thick chassis. It starts easily and the engine sounds eager enough to me. Not that I know much at all about them apart from what I read on here.

Unfortunately he only used it once and lost interest so it is still as new as you can get with no marks or scrapes. I was meant to advertise it on here for him before Christmas but never actually got around to it. Might do it later today or tomorrow.

This place appears to have lots of upgrade parts for them,

http://www.fshopups.com

Edited by iang27
  • Like 1

• 6 years later...
  • 2 months later...