• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper ST swapping to pull start

Ninjashunt

Yes if it has the Macstar.28 then you just need the pullstart.

Note the pullstart from the .21 Hyper engine will also fit...and I expect "marderboy" on Ebay could do it cheaper.

I would not think so....but anything is possible.....got any pictures?

Usually this is the type of parts that would have been used to convert it to roto- http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=25032&gclid=CNfe5fX3sMICFWPLtAodE1gAXg

The bevel gear will just pull off.

The backplate was standard so it was a different one way bearing and axle, so ordered a hex axle from Marderboy and will try that first and then may have to get a new one way bearing.

Do you know if i should clean or lube the old one way bearing before fitting a new axle and what should you use?

Thanks

The Macstar.28 (and Hyper.21) have the one way bearing inside the engine..part number 28021 in the picture at the bottom of this link... http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/diagrams/HoBao/Engines/HB_Engine_settings_MacStar_28.pdf

If you are using the old bearing then it will be fine as is.....if it was slipping then you should remove it and clean it....I always oil a cleaned or new bearing before refitting and I use air tool oil (any light oil will be fine...but note that many people do not oil them).