• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Soo I got my savage

pockets snakes

Yeah you have the stock servo saver which is built into the servo horn. They are crap and even with a good servo your steering would still be bad. You need to get an aluminium servo horn and a bellcrank servo saver setup. I used one from Hobao on my savage 25 though I'm sure there are loads of others about now..

Yeah you have the stock servo saver which is built into the servo horn. They are crap and even with a good servo your steering would still be bad. You need to get an aluminium servo horn and a bellcrank servo saver setup. I used one from Hobao on my savage 25 though I'm sure there are loads of others about now..

Hmm ill have a look tomorrow I guess lol

But this will have to do now till new year as we all no buggery Xmas lol

Oh before I for get witch oils shall I use in the diff s and shocks

I have a few I git off ste001

do u have a pic of ur set up ??? Could do with sorting my boys savs steering out...

Can't remember whats in mine to be honest. I bought it in 2004 and have not used it for a few years, it also has no engine/servo's/radio gear in it at the moment. I think I will probably brushless it at some point.  This is my savage 25:

20141103_200743.jpg

Can't remember whats in mine to be honest. I bought it in 2004 and have not used it for a few years, it also has no engine/servo's/radio gear in it at the moment. I think I will probably brushless it at some point. This is my savage 25:

20141103_200743.jpg

cool truck...but i ment ur bell crank sterring swt up....lol!!

I put sum stiffer springs and 45 wt. ..(i tthink) ..oil in the 8 shoxs on me his savage......He chucks it around alright...lol!!! I'll sort u pics of that fibreglass shell. .i ain't forgot....jus slow at getting round to things. ..lol!!come to think of it..i haven't even looked at his diffs...probly still got stock grease in em. .lol!!!

Edited by evssv

I put sum stiffer springs and 45 wt. ..(i tthink) ..oil in the 8 shoxs on me his savage......He chucks it around alright...lol!!! I'll sort u pics of that fibreglass shell. .i ain't forgot....jus slow at getting round to things. ..lol!!come to think of it..i haven't even looked at his diffs...probly still got stock grease in em. .lol!!!

Yes you should those poor diff s lol

Right so had the beast out I'm cover ed in mud so is the truck

I've decided I want good speed and been in able to launch over ramp and it to keep going with minimal break as poss

I was advise to get flysky combo from China so ill go a hand and get it but I can find the one I was shown

Also over Xmas I want to put wheelie bar roll cage stiffer shock springs

I also want to change all my oils aswell

I also need to change Servos for water proof one but witch to get I don't know

Edited by pockets snakes