• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Car seems faster in reverse than forward?

ZombieBite

Took the firestorm out for a spin this morning and strange as it sounds I could swear it felt faster in reverse than going forward.

Would the order that the wires are plugged into the esc be the problem? I thought I had them in right when I reassembled everything but now I'm not sure!

Try recalibrating the esc first, and if your still having problems flick the throttle channel on the tx to reverse (or if it's already on reverse flick to normal) then recalibrate again.

Just swap 2 of the 3 motor wires i think but not 100%

If you do this you and don't recalibrate you could end up with a runaway... I've had it happen.

Well I swapped a couple of wires into the ESC and the problem is solved! The guy who owned it before me mustn't have had the ESC set up correctly, because with the A B C leads in the 'correct' order was causing the problem.

I thought it was fast before but now its crazy! Only problem being is that after this evenings run, now something's gone in the gearbox (motor turns but wheels don't!). So tomorrow evening is going to mean learning about the gears sooner than I'd hoped....!

Hopfully its just the pinion gear is slipping mate. roll the back wheels with front wheels off the ground and see if the drive line all rotates. Then rear wheels up roll the front wheels. then spin each wheel by hand and see if anything feels rough. 

Its usually pinion or spur tho.