• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Typhon/Kraton Owners Club

Devin

That sucks still if they want to replace the whole buggy for a the sake of a broken servo then look on the bright side as this one is certainly looking a touch worn !! if it looks this bad after a week's running what's it going to look like after 6 months !??

Still thats some cracking customer service  :thumbsup:

Any updates on the buggy seems to be a lot of down time at the minute ?? 

Been following a few threads on the buggy and the truggy/monster truck and out of the 2 the truggy/monster truck seems a real nice bit of kit for the money so far :thumbsup:  

Yes there has been movement I'll be getting back tomorrow hopefully they have replaced the servo as well as giving me a new set of wheels and tyres and they replaced my front a arms as I has a cracking in them haha so yeah they have done pretty well

I'm having an issue with the ESC now. When I run 6s, once I go around 3/4 throttle, the ESC shuts down and goes into LVC mode (flashing blue light). This is strange as I can simply turn off the ESC then turn it back on, then it will run fine until I hit 3/4 throttle, then it shuts off again. I can keep doing this back and forth. This is only with 6s (not 4s). I've emailed ARRMA/Hobbico.

BTW, the 6s lipo or two 3s lipos are fully charged, so it isn't really an LVC issue. Unfortunately, they take 2-3 days to reply (USA), at least in my past experience.

I have to say I have had issues with mine doing the same thing on 4s I first think that the batteries are actually dead but when I go to charge them they are only half empty so yeah a little issue

Happy to report absolutely no problems here. Even had a huge crash on sunday getting launched by a large unseen stone. Nothing damaged even though the crash seemed to go on for 3 weeks. I'm running on 4s and its never lost power before the battery has run out.

I disabled LVC and the issue is gone. Not ideal, but I keep an eye on the lipos anyway. It'll do until they send me the new ESC.

The buggy is so fast, it's honestly a bit scary running it on the street.

Yeah not the best option but it will have to do I'll have to phone arrma when it happens to me again and ask about it :)

I was going to get the Kraton but after seeing it in the flesh so to speak today i changed my mind !! .. There is something that just feels no right about them and i wasn't over impressed like i thought i would have been ..For the life of me i can't say what it was but i left my mates house with him drooling over it and me thinking i have had a lucky escape   :sly: .. 

Perhaps i'm getting old but this kraton is going to be a no buy for good ..

How is your Typhon holding up !! any more warranty claims !?

So I think I actually broke a part on the typhon but it must be one of the smallest parts on the whole thing I broke a drive pin that goes through the hex adaptor

Just finished up running the first pack (4s) through my new typhoon, and all I can say is WOW! This thing has far exceeded my expectations. Its built like a tank, handles great, and the price point is amazing for what you get. Its my first 1/8 scale, so I don't really have much to compare it to...but I couldnt be happier with it.I mainly bash, but I have a good friend who is getting into racing at the local indoor track for the winter. He went all out and bought a tekno, tekin rx8 electronics, etc. I'm going to take the typhoon to the track next weekend and see how it does. The track has some decent sized jumps (including a tripple), some whoops, and a pretty tight hairpin. The only complaint I've heard about the track is problems with traction. I've got a new set of gold barcodes I'm putting on for race day, so hopefully that will help. Does anyone have any setup tips for this particular car? This will be my first time racing, so I'm really not to sure what to expect.