• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Trackstar ESC question

n3il

Okay, don't know if this is the right place - sorry!!

I have recently installed a 1/8th Turnigy 160A ESC inside my Maverick Strada MT custom. It's been running absolutely fine for a good 6-7 runs. I have it connected to a 3s Overlander 2200 mah lipo, With a 25C discharge rate. (I'm gonna get a 4s 60C 6400mah battery on pay day :) )

So basically, I ran it today in the rain (with a shell so the electronics wouldn't get that wet even though they are waterproof! ) and it stopped.... Literally lost all throttle but only had steering :(

So I took it inside to have a fiddle. When I now turn it all on, my esc instead of flashing red three times and beeping, it waits for about 4 seconds then goes steady green. No throttle whatsoever. Have I fried my esc ?

Any help would be muchly appreciated, thanks in advance :)

Iv ordered a ezrun combo this time.....i thought electric was ment to be hassle free.....just plug and go! But hey ho, But saying that the car was fine with the stock setup