• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Advice for DF02 ball diff conversion

tamiyaspeedfactory

Only one I can find is the 3r one, tamiya didn't release an official one for that chassis, AFAIK.

I looked at the 3r one for a dt02, read countless bad reviews concerning poor fitting, so didn't bother.

I just make stuff up sometimes I think....not speed tuned gear set, but the smaller, 67t spur, which allows for bigger pinnys to be fitted....oops! ;)

I use ansmann racing, high speed transmission grease in my tamiya diffs and boxes, hasn't let me down yet, though I bash 'em, not race 'em.... No undue gear wear after a year of 2s running, hence why I am now trying 3s, though I think a better motor is in order ;)

Agreed, scant info available on them.

I fitted the alloy prop shaft and steering links, rest is box stock..shoved a skyrc/leopard orange finned can in, but need a true 540 of different kV I think, as going to 3s meant knocking the gearing down a little; she still shifts though!

A lot of slop in the drive train which is tricky to resolve, mainly the diff out drives.. Tough as old boots though!