• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Flux Vorza gearing help!

dagswe21

Hi everyone.

I am trying to "hot up" my HPI Vorza. One thing I'm doing is experimenting with the gearing. I wanted to change motor pinion gear from the standard 15 tooth, to 19 tooth, to both increase control at lower speed (with slightly less acceleration, but that's just fine!!), while giving a slightly higher top end speed - perfect!

However, the adjustable motor mount cage simply won't accommodate this as standard. Any more than about a 17 tooth pinion, and the motor cannot be moved far enough to get a smooth gear mesh. My only option is to strip the chassis, and have the oval holes elongated (drilled) to accommodate the pinion - rather a hassle. And the pinions go up to 21 teeth!! I learnt the hard way, and at the moment, I have an unemployable 19 tooth pinion! Does anyone have any tips for fitting the 19t with a smooth, efficient quiet mesh?? Thank you. Also, I note Spur gear can be changed too. Would this be a better option?

Thanks everyone!!

Dag.

You should be able to fit up to a 19t pinny with the stock 48t spur. And a 21t pinny with the optional 46t spur.

Have you removed the motor and given it all a good clean to allow maximum adjustment as there's no reason why the 19t pinny shouldn't fit.

Thinking about if you using rw pinions they do seem to be slightly bulkier as I found out gearing my mates vorza so 18/48 and 20/46 was the max you could go with rw pinnys.

Edited by big turbo