• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hawks XXXD VIP :D

b_hawk111

Ah we are Back! But it seems that a few posts have gone missing! But never mind, my supra is here finally! 

Turned up all wrapped up in a Japanese newspaper which was a nice touch! 

20151015_105525.jpg

Got to work cutting it out! 

20151015_194509.jpg

All cut out and tried on the chassis with +8 wheels (good to be back higher than +3!)

20151015_221126.jpg

20151015_221146.jpg

And my setup station turned up so I could get it all squared up, it was well out on every corner! 

20151018_181227.jpg

So yep that's what I have been up to! 

Just masked the shell up today at lunch, and ready for first colour tonight! 

• Like 1

It's almost done! Just got to wait for the last bit of paint to dry then the masks can come off :D 

Setup station I got off ebay for £28

I made the board underneath to measure track width myself so that was free ;) 

It's crazy how it can look about right, then find out it's all over the place.

That's a good bargain there, was it new?

Yep, as I said every corner was out, only thing that was close was the front camber ;) no that was used, but you couldnt tell its in mint condition, just need to try and find a carry case for it :) 

• Like 1

Paint is done!

2015-10-21%2020.37.54.jpg

2015-10-21%2020.38.04.jpg

2015-10-21%2020.38.15.jpg

2015-10-21%2020.38.20.jpg

Still got plenty of jobs to do on it, but thats the main bit done! 

roll cage, strengthening, light kit, and possibly some decals! 

• Like 1

Nice. Didn't take you long at all

Nope don't hag about! Yokomo say the window may shouldn't be left on for longer than a day anyway, so doesn't give you long! 

Going to take  it back to work again today and fit the wing, wing mirrors, and sort out cutting down the exhaust to fit ;) and drilling for the led :D 

Another update! The end is near! The body is now been reinforced, put the bits of roll cage in, fitted the light bucketa, splitter and modified the rear exhaust to fit! 

Today I'm making a numberplate for it, fitting the light kit and then apart from a yokomo exhaust tip I think it's done! 

Just need to get out and use it! 

Update pics! 

20151022_220902.jpg

20151022_220846.jpg

20151022_220644.jpg

20151022_220921.jpg

Thanks! Nah I used stealth mounts once and hated them, one little knock and off comes the shell! I have got some for the xxx but just would rather use body posts and cut them down! 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that I can make Saturday, think we are going to santa pod for the fireworks! 

Might he free tomorrow afternoon though so hopfully getting a couple of hours in! 

all done and some new wheels www.msuk-forum.co.uk/uploads/emoticons/biggrin.png" alt=":D" title=":D"> 

Managed to make it over to soul for a couple of hours in an evening last week! 

2015-11-05%2016.57.41.jpg

2015-11-05%2017.02.54.jpg

2015-11-05%2017.02.37.jpg

2015-11-05%2017.02.25.jpg

Nice work mate I really like that Supra Bodyshell I really want that Bodyshell of you but you probably won't sell it good job mate.

Thanks! Yer I like it alot too! Nice to have a new body again! 

Nope definitly not for sale! 

It's cost me around £100 for everything on it, so if I was to sell I would want at least £130 for it! Which I think is a silly amount so it can stay as it is :P 

Cracking job with this. Gives me something to aim for. The shells look awesome and very realistic

Cheers! It's the idea, trying to get it to look as real as possible! Only thing I think this is missing is windscreen wipers, but doesn't need them becauseracecar ;) 

• 1 month later...

So some new bits here for the drifter now! 

New  charger, so a new toolbox to fit the new charger in! 

I've got a new accuvance luxon motor on the way, and shall be taking a trip to soul at some point soonish for a nice new esc! 

• Like 1