• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hawks XXXD VIP :D

b_hawk111

10 hours ago, scratcher said:

Oooo, very posh :)

I bet you can't wait to have it all up and running.

Nope! Got my old combo out last night and ready to sell, 

Fitted the new motor and then spent an hour deciding how I want my wires to run! I think I'm going to mount the esc sort of the wrong way round so I can have the wires run in nice straight lines! 

Should hopefully have that all decided tonight and get it soldered and fitted tomorrow :) 

On 10/23/2015 at 11:38 AM, b_hawk111 said:

Thanks! Nah I used stealth mounts once and hated them, one little knock and off comes the shell! I have got some for the xxx but just would rather use body posts and cut them down! 

You seen the body posts that look like bonnet catches that are for sale at soul? They look awesome plus keep the body located properly 

7 hours ago, trisvxl said:

You seen the body posts that look like bonnet catches that are for sale at soul? They look awesome plus keep the body located properly 

I have seen them, but I'm not overly offended with the body posts ;) 

20 hours ago, scratcher said:

That's tidy :004: Fancy resoldering my FXX for me? Haha.

Are you going to Soul this weekend?

I can do it, I just done like soldering escs in case I break it! But soldering wires onto the motor and battery connectors is easy! 

I might try and get over for the evening on Saturday! Give it a good run :D 

1 hour ago, scratcher said:

Cool :) I've got a job at a man dealer in Watford this morning, then I'll be up there for the afternoon /evening jams :)

Apparently they can't run the evening session today, Mitto can't make it back and James can't do the whole day, so they are only open the normal day hours! 

• 1 year later...

If anyone it interested, this is now for sale, complete with everything bar the shell.

There is a sale thread in the for sale area! 

sad to be leaving the Drift scene, but it has sat unused now for a year apart from 3 outings, and would much rather someone got some use out of it!!