• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

rc track destruction

glen

Well after spending most of my rdo's to build my rc track I finally got it line marked an ready to race on it to come home the next day an find it in a nice way of saying it stuffed. I know the culprits an the 800cc can am quad with mud tyres an the pewee 50 so more then a stern word will be delt out. If you want to see the track at its build stage its on the forum facebook page

My wifes family own a private air strip an some of the pilots kids did the damage. They are really messing with the wrong person. What herts the most is ive done 90% of the work my self by hand an recovering from a dislocated ankle an broken leg. So it was my physio but the track is wrecked an I didn't get a good go at it

so sorry to hear that, pity some of us off here can not give you a hand or 2 to help get it back & redone.

I know I was a bit of a hand full back in the day when I was a lot younger, but I would not cause damage like that to some ones land.

p,s tell the parents to redo or pay for the track or ban them from the air strip.

Edited by subaru-swift

Cheers mate got a couple of days off this week so im going to redo an put a small barrier fence around the track so it wont happen again. An seeing as the parents are wealthy builder with a very lar ge company I think the dad should come up to the track an help out

too right as if I caused the damage when I was a lad my folks would have made me help out & then some lol.

good luck on the repair side & who knows but it might be a bit better if you got a big company to help you redo it.... ;)

Get the lads dad to bring a JCB & road roller with him :)

Then go flatten his car with it and see how he likes it!! (This is obviously a joke and do not condone such behaviour......)

• Like 1

^^ second that I got another jump repaired this arvo an starting to feel pumped now but still along way to go. The father an his boys haven't been back to the air feild where my rc track is but when they do they will be getting a mouth full an a bit more for the damage an total disrespect of property. What photos ive put up are on the msuk msuk facebook page

Frozen prawn rewenge...

Hide frozen prawns somewhere in his truck/plane/hanger, when they defrost, and turn rotten, bingo! He will spend a fortune trying to locate the source of the disgusting fishy odour.

(Hint: really good for getting back at an ex who has thrown you out, hollow curtain poles are perfect ;) )

Edited by Noj
  • Like 1

I employed the frozen shellfish technique at the last place I worked .... they had an old fashioned air vent heating system...so by gaining access to one location, I could sticnk out the entire run of senior bods offices.

Other interesting places to leave them include ( but are not limited to )

The air vents on cars/vans

portable air conditioners

pinned to the underside of tables in meeting rooms

Placed under the padding of office chairs

On top of the power supply of desk-top PCs

The joyous combination of fresh shellfish and warm places. Yo udo need to be the kind of person who can wait to hear the results, and can keep a straight face when asked to call a job in to the building maintenance team about an odd odour.

• Like 1

Ive done a similar thing to a guy at work. I work at a barra farm (fish) an I had a few dramas with a fella so I put a few fingerlings in his chassis after 3 days no one wanted to park near his car it took about 3 weeks for it to semi pass. An I cant do anything to the airstrip as it's my wifes family's propery. But I could pull out in front of him as he goes to land lol

You're not alone mate. At least you have proper access to the land so you can stand your ground and stop it happening again, some what.. 

I've spent the best part of 3 years trying to build an off-road track in my local woods. Was great for the first year but then an off-road club decided that our area is going to be their new hang out spot for their off-road events. Nowadays, If I spend 5/6hrs on a Saturday digging & building the track up, I can come back on the Sunday and find a bunch of former & current police officers on MX bikes & Jeeps flattening everything I have just built, hanging around our track, tearing it to shreds.

Try reasoning with a bunch of ex-police officers! They are stubborn bastards that you simply cant argue with. They always want it their way and could not give a flying turd about what you want! I've even contacted their club manager, asking them politely to avoid our track or to stick to riding over one side of it. Do they avoid it? Like hell they do! It's now their first "go-to" spot.

I now resort to being as big an inconvenience as possible to them. Solely because I was there first & even asked them politely to avoid it as best they can. I now block roads, hill climbs & off-road sections with fallen tree's & huge logs just to try and get the message across to them.. I will not be bullied away. My friend has actually started making spike strips, which he wants to place in the middle of our jumps & berms so should they drive over and flatten them, their tire will also end up flat! Nice idea but bloody risky.. Still, for a club who is there once a month you'd have thought they'd have the decency to keep the locals happy!

Anyway, just remember things could be worse! ;) Good luck with the track dude! Just don't give up on it. It will always be a constant battle against vandalism & weather deterioration to keep it looking good!

:thumbsup:

You're not alone mate. At least you have proper access to the land so you can stand your ground and stop it happening again, some what.. 

I've spent the best part of 3 years trying to build an off-road track in my local woods. Was great for the first year but then an off-road club decided that our area is going to be their new hang out spot for their off-road events. Nowadays, If I spend 5/6hrs on a Saturday digging & building the track up, I can come back on the Sunday and find a bunch of former & current police officers on MX bikes & Jeeps flattening everything I have just built, hanging around our track, tearing it to shreds.

Try reasoning with a bunch of ex-police officers! They are stubborn bastards that you simply cant argue with. They always want it their way and could not give a flying turd about what you want! I've even contacted their club manager, asking them politely to avoid our track or to stick to riding over one side of it. Do they avoid it? Like hell they do! It's now their first "go-to" spot.

I now resort to being as big an inconvenience as possible to them. Solely because I was there first & even asked them politely to avoid it as best they can. I now block roads, hill climbs & off-road sections with fallen tree's & huge logs just to try and get the message across to them.. I will not be bullied away. My friend has actually started making spike strips, which he wants to place in the middle of our jumps & berms so should they drive over and flatten them, their tire will also end up flat! Nice idea but bloody risky.. Still, for a club who is there once a month you'd have thought they'd have the decency to keep the locals happy!

Anyway, just remember things could be worse! ;) Good luck with the track dude! Just don't give up on it. It will always be a constant battle against vandalism & weather deterioration to keep it looking good!

:thumbsup:

is this private or public ground?

It is MOD land with public roaming access, of which we have permission from the land warden to use as and when we please.

It is solely the off-road club who doesn't want to listen or play ball, sadly.