• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Old TA Tc3 upgrade to brushless set up

Lo08nyb

The design of the steering rack on the tc3 is very simple and means that there should be hardly any slop or much to go wrong with it. Have you tried tightening the two locknuts on top of the steering thingamabob*? That might help...

*not the actual technical name

Hi optimus,

Think I'll take it apart and rebuild the steering won't hurt to make sure everything is nice and tight!.

I been bashing over the weekend and still finding that I'm getting allot of slipping from the diffs.

Decided to take them right apart to see if I could see anything obvious wrong with them but considering there age they are in really good condition! I tightend them up a little more and reinstalled them.

Tired it this morning and still very much the same....have checked the obvious things such as pinion meshing make sure it's tight enough.

The motor is spinning, so is the drive shaft but still have quite allot of slipping from the diffs (I think) anything else that could be an issue.

Cheers!

Hi guys,

Have take apart the diffs again, looks like the rear one at least is shot, but think it's just the out drive peaces so have found some new ones on eBay and going to give that a try and see where I end up!

Cheers

Managed to get some out drivers for the tc3 changed the rear and checked the fronts and looked fine but re built them anyway!

Was quite late by the time I finished so will check to see how it's running tomorrow!